Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on May 09, 2008, 09:37:13 am
they're not Famiclones based on the NOAC but are rather instead just a reverse eningeered Famiclone.

Well, the NOAC is a reverse engineered Famicom, just a badly reverse engineered one :P.

cflam

Hi,

My Nintendo NES Console (Jap. Version) became out of order recently. It shows black screen on TV.
After opening the case of the console. I found that there are two PCB board. CPU is installed on one PCB board. And TV module is on another PCB board.
I think that the TV Module PCB board is out of order. And I want to make and build a new PCB board to replace the failed it.

I found that there are 4 wired connection between the CPU PCB board and the TV Moudle PCB Board.
There are labeled as
+V, GND, V, A

I guess that +V represent 5V power supply. GND represent Ground(0V)

Might you suggest a circuit schematic diagram of the TV module to me? Though I observed that there is a TV module circuit diagram on your website, but it seems not suitable because there are four input for Video module (+V, GND, In1, In2).

Many thanks for your kindly assistance.

George

133MHz

Use the module from a Famiclone.

cflam

what is famiclone? I didn't have it.
Do you have the schematic diagram of the AV module of famiclone?

Thanks.

George

Justin

Hi guys. I'm getting a famicom today, the original famicom to be exact and it doesn't come with an AC adapter however I do have the Super Famicom AC adapter.

it's specs are.

AC100V 50-60hz 16VA
DC10V 850mA

Would that work?

FamicomFreak

Quote from: Justin on May 12, 2008, 09:45:16 am
Hi guys. I'm getting a famicom today, the original famicom to be exact and it doesn't come with an AC adapter however I do have the Super Famicom AC adapter.

it's specs are.

AC100V 50-60hz 16VA
DC10V 850mA

Would that work?

I'm pretty sure you'll fry your famicom if you plug that adapter in. Well make sure by waiting the response of the other members of the forum.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Justin

Quote from: FamicomFreak on May 12, 2008, 09:50:48 am

it's specs are.

AC100V 50-60hz 16VA
DC10V 850mA

Would that work?

I'm pretty sure you'll fry your famicom if you plug that adapter in. Well make sure by waiting the response of the other members of the forum.

Yeah, I'll wait for more answers. I don't want to try it.

133MHz

If you live in a 110/115/120/127V country it will work just fine.

Justin

Quote from: 133MHz on May 12, 2008, 10:26:02 am

Thank you so much. I'm in North America. :) I'll be fine then.

NintendoKing

it's specs are.

AC100V 50-60hz 16VA
DC10V 850mA

Would that work?

The bit end isnt the same size, and also Famicoms use DC 9 or 8. The best kit I have found for a famicom is this: http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-ADAPTER-TV-RF-SWITCH-for-Nintendo-Sega-Super-SNES_W0QQitemZ330235599247QQihZ014QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its completely compatible, both the RF switch and power supply work excellent on my original Famicom.

Justin

Quote from: Justin on May 12, 2008, 10:29:44 am
Quote from: 133MHz on May 12, 2008, 10:26:02 am

Thank you so much. I'm in North America. :) I'll be fine then.

Yeah, I plugged it in and scanned channels from 01 to 100 and nothing showed up. :(

Justin

I tried it on two different tv's, it's just not working between channels 01 to 100. However, I can tell that the console does turn on because there's heat in the back and near the cartridge slot. :(

NintendoKing

Quote from: Justin on May 12, 2008, 12:09:15 pm
I tried it on two different tv's, it's just not working between channels 01 to 100. However, I can tell that the console does turn on because there's heat in the back and near the cartridge slot. :(

Set the famicom on channel 1 setting on the back, then flip to channel 95. My famicom works on all TV's that I own on Channel 95.

UglyJoe

Are you using a cable box or a VCR?  If so, make sure the RF adapter is connected before them.  That is, go from the cable from your wall => RF adapter => Cablebox/VCR => TV.  If you put it after the Cablebox/VCR then it won't work.

Justin

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 12, 2008, 12:27:55 pm

Are you using a cable box or a VCR?  If so, make sure the RF adapter is connected before them.  That is, go from the cable from your wall => RF adapter => Cablebox/VCR => TV.  If you put it after the Cablebox/VCR then it won't work.

The RF adapter is connected right onto the TV since I don't have cable tv, I have satelite and that's connected VIA component and HDMI on my tvs.