Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Yikes....  I probably will end up getting a new system, not too much of a repair man on my end.  Maybe I'll have this one for sale once I get a new system for anyone who likes to fix things.

On that note, anyone know where to get a working green twin famicom at a reasonable price?

PatMan33

May 03, 2009, 08:57:12 pm #796 Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 09:26:31 pm by PatMan33
Hm... got another thinker for you guys. I'm trying to get my NES Advantage apart but I've run into a roadblock when it comes to removing the turbo button knobs. I've tried using thread to get underneath the knobs and then yanking them out but the thread keeps breaking. I've tried using pliers but it's tough to get them off without buggering up the knob so I put a piece of rubber between the plier and the knob but it just slides off.

I'm really not sure what to do. Can anyone offer an idea?

**EDIT**
Okay! I just broke my only pair of forceps on this stupid plastic knob. The writing is on the wall with this one, I know when I'm beat.

Symptoms0fMercy

Quote from: PatMan33 on May 03, 2009, 08:57:12 pm
Hm... got another thinker for you guys. I'm trying to get my NES Advantage apart but I've run into a roadblock when it comes to removing the turbo button knobs. I've tried using thread to get underneath the knobs and then yanking them out but the thread keeps breaking. I've tried using pliers but it's tough to get them off without buggering up the knob so I put a piece of rubber between the plier and the knob but it just slides off.

I'm really not sure what to do. Can anyone offer an idea?

**EDIT**
Okay! I just broke my only pair of forceps on this stupid plastic knob. The writing is on the wall with this one, I know when I'm beat.

If I remember right, theyre bolted to the casing sort of. You have to remove the black plate on the bottom first to get inside, then a nut from each knob on the inside before they will come out. The black plate on the bottom will come off without removing the knobs. I had the same problem when I took mine apart.

PatMan33

Nah man, I was way inside already. The back plate (made of 1/8th in thick STEEL) was easy, though heavy. Sadly the nuts on the knobs can only be accessed after popping the knobs off from the front (so the back plate doesn't really matter) and that proved to be very difficult without scuffing up the knobs so I stopped.

cesar_capur

Hello, I am a new member here and I need help with my Famicom. I don't know if it works or not but I definitely know it powers up. The real problem is that when I want to play, a black screen comes  up with a grey line going from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen.I will put pics of what it does and what my console looks like. P.S. I dont have the original AC adapter, so I am using a class 2 transformer, it reads model # DV-9440 P/N: 24-CUL14400-D08 INPUT: 120VAC 60Hz 8W
OUTPUT: 9VAC  4VA, and also I for the RF plug I just put the red cable in there
If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks Cesar

ericj

Yikes! Don't use that AC adapter. You want an adapter that outputs 10V DC, not AC, at 850mA.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. I just looked at the pics you posted. You have a famiclone, not a Famicom. That AC adapter may be okay for it.

What do you mean by 'just put the red cable in there'? Do you mean you put an RCA cable in the RF output??

cesar_capur

Yeah thats what I meant  the red wire from the rca cable.

133MHz

The AC adapter is definitely bad for it. As ericj mentioned you need one that outputs 9V DC instead of AC, with a negative tip.
Also, how many RCA plugs are present in the back of your console?

ericj

Also, the red RCA is typically used for audio & not video. The yellow one is typically for the video connection. Btw, if you're connecting an RCA cable to the RF output on your famiclone, you won't ever get a picture... ;)

cesar_capur

This is how I am trying to play it. Here is a picture, also on the bottom there is a sticker that reads PAL N (3) I don't know if this would be an issue. I will go and find an adapter like the one you said though. Thanks

nintendodork

I've actually seen some RF cables that look like that.  My PowerJoy 3 has one like that.  But you don't need R/F if you already have AV cables.  Since it's PAL, you'll need to find a power supply accordingly.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

No need to plug the red RCA cable there, just leave it hanging around.

Quote from: cesar_capur on May 20, 2009, 04:24:27 pm
there is a sticker that reads PAL N (3) I don't know if this would be an issue.

Depends on where you live.

cesar_capur

133MHz

Then you won't get a stable, color picture unless you have a Multisystem TV. Argentina uses PAL-N while the US uses NTSC.

robcfg

Hi Guys!

I just replaced the drive belt of my FDS and I can get only error #22.

For what I've read,  I must try to adjust motor speed or adjust the head. Yoe made reference to the jfgoods.net site, but it seems not to exist anymore.

Could yu post some pictures of where is the head screw and the speed screw?

Thanks for any help!