Technical and Repair Assistance

Started by b3b0palula, September 10, 2006, 01:08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

keiffer01

Quote from: kite200 on March 07, 2007, 05:01:25 pm
Ok not to sound like a jerk but considering this is famicom world everyone knows what a famicom is and everyone knows what mother is. Secondly, did you tune it to the correct channel? what channel are you using to view the games?

Well, sorry if I wrote that! I wrote this question for nintendocity.com first, but the only thing people replied were,''Famicom?'' or ''MOTHER?''. It just didn't help, so  I simply copied the question and posted it on Famicom World, forgeting to erase what I added for nintendo city. As for the channels, I can see the system turn on on channel 8 and partially on channel 96.

Doc

You'll probably need an older television, as well. I'm screwed now, since I don't have any more old televisions...

kite200

ステキ

Doc

Quote from: kite200 on March 07, 2007, 06:29:10 pm
im using mine on an HDTV.

Do tell me how! :P

And all this time I thought it was my new television...

kite200

well you plug the rf thing into the cable port and tune to channel 95....
ステキ

JC

Doc

Quote from: kite200 on March 07, 2007, 07:07:24 pm
well you plug the rf thing into the cable port and tune to channel 95....

It works fine? I put mine on L2 or something and I get great picture but this horribly loud buzzing noise that overpowers then game's sound...

keiffer01

I recently bought it from Rosemary as a non working Famicom, but she only said that it had trouble to play games, so I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem and bought it so I could fix it. The system did not come with the orginal adapter, so I looked for the adapter information and made one using a SNES adapter and the tip of a NES adapter. But when I plug it in, i can see it partially turning on with only a black and snowy screen appearing . I opened up the console and noticed two of the chips towards the front of the console come very, very hot. I checked the voltage of the adapter, and instaid of outputing 10 volts, it outputs 13-14 volts! So what can I do to have the proper voltage and have my system working perfectly? ???

madman

March 11, 2007, 04:40:34 pm #53 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:46:29 pm by madman
13v should still be fine, the chip that is getting hot is probably the voltage regulator.  As I mentioned somewhere else, if you take 5 different adapaters that say they output a specific voltage, you will get 5 different results.  Voltage regulators are forgiving on their input voltage.  Snowy output is not the result of a power issue.

Edit: My Famicom has a lm7805 voltage regulator which can take up to 24vdc input.

Doc

My Famicom officially works. I figured out the problem. As you may know, I plugged the system in and it works, but has a loud buzzing. Well, turns out after waiting around two minutes while leaving it on, the buzz goes away. No idea on what it  means, but it means that I get to play the Famicom again! Still can't find the Disk System's RAM cart though. :(

madman

Is the buzz coming from the TV, or the system itself is making a buzzing sound?

JC

I get a buzz, too, but mine comes from Controller II. It's the mic on there that, even when turned off properly, will buzz. I've found that if I whack the controller hard enough the buzz'll stop for a while. :D :-\ Think it's possible to replace Controller II with a second Controller I?

kite200

no, they're different. you need a new one.
ステキ

JC

Oh ok. I've got a few Famicoms, so I'll have to swap controllers.

Doc

Quote from: madman on March 11, 2007, 10:58:56 pm
Is the buzz coming from the TV, or the system itself is making a buzzing sound?

Television.