April 19, 2024, 11:52:51 am

Wow.

Started by nintendodork, June 15, 2012, 01:35:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

I really don't think you should be promoting drugs on a (relatively) kid-friendly forum, that you are also a moderator on...

Also, please take it from someone older and with your future in concern, this is a phase you really should make sure you get out of.
It might be fun now, but when you're out of it you'll look back at your friends that are not and be glad you did. 
Please trust me - it leads down a sorry path.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

ericj

Almost everyone goes through a phase where they do this stuff. I did. We all don't need to be so judgmental. Just be careful and smart so you don't kill yourself.  ;)

petik1

Quote from: ericj on June 15, 2012, 04:06:50 pm
Just be careful and smart so you don't kill yourself.  ;)

That's the tricky part.

famiac

June 15, 2012, 08:07:23 pm #18 Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:59:55 pm by famiac

famiac

June 15, 2012, 08:21:34 pm #19 Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:00:03 pm by famiac

nintendodork

Quote from: son_ov_hades on June 15, 2012, 12:36:10 pm
I just don't see how this kind of thing is enjoyable.
Like others have said, have you ever tried drinking or smoking pot? Until you have, you don't know what you're missing. I'm not saying you should, I'm just saying, you can't fully understand until you've been on both sides. What I described in my first post was nothing like marijuana. The name "synthetic marijuana" is where the similarities end between the substance I consumed and pot. The high you get from pot is nothing like this.  The biggest difference is that you don't hallucinate, no matter what you see in the movies, regular, good ol' marijuana will never make you hallucinate unless you do a lot, and even then it's iffy.  Alcohol is sort of a different thing on it's own. I stop drinking when I start to feel it, which is usually about twoish cups of some sort of 5/6 mix of soda and vodka.

The biggest mistake I made in this whole situation was I outright ignored my better judgement and also the advice others gave me. The guy who sold it to us, and a few other people in there who were getting the same thing, told us it was heavy shit, and in the car, we were talking about it and they were like "you should definitely only do like 1 hit."  Obviously you can see how that turned out. From this experience, I have learned not only to be more cautious of things that I haven't read about first, and also to obey the label.  If it says "50x," don't take six fucking hits.  Ugh. ::)

Quote from: famiac on June 15, 2012, 08:07:23 pm
LSD is nothing like that.
Have you ever done LSD?

Quote from: L___E___T on June 15, 2012, 03:17:37 pm
I really don't think you should be promoting drugs on a (relatively) kid-friendly forum, that you are also a moderator on...
I am in no way promoting drugs. I have not said once that doing any kind of drug is a good thing, because it isn't.  It's just something people do, and lots of people go through this phase in their life.

Quote from: L___E___T on June 15, 2012, 03:17:37 pm
Please trust me - it leads down a sorry path.
I don't consider marijuana to be a gateway drug. Some people share my opinion, some don't. I can see both sides. The reason that I can see why some people say it is a gateway drug is because my stepsister, who is now 23, is in rehab for the third time after abusing painkillers and other pills she did not have a prescription for.  It started when her roommate in college found enough pot to get her charged with intent to distribute and also Xanax that wasn't prescribed.  The reason I feel I differ from my stepsister is that I've made a promise to myself that I will never do what I call "white" drugs. (i.e unprescribed pills, cocaine, crack, etc.) I understand the positive experience those drugs can give a person, but I'm smart enough to know that the side effects are too deadly to even try it once, and I've never had any thoughts about wanting to try those.

Those drug programs we always had in elementary and middle school spoke to me. They told me all the dangers about all the common street drugs, and all the things they said about cocaine and all of those drugs sounded really bad to me, but then when they talked about pot and alcohol, they really didn't say anything convincing, or truly believable to me for that matter, even as a child.  Ever since then, I'd always been curious about what they actually did, and wanted to try them at some point in my life at least once to find out.  I enjoyed the effects, and that was not at all what this was. I did not enjoy this experience, and I will never do it again. It definitely was a learning experience though, and it will definitely influence any future decisions I make about drugs.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

fredJ

I mainly agree with L__E__T . Drugs are not cool.
However, I think marijuana is acceptable. It doesn't have to be a gateway drug if you don't want it to be. Use in moderation.  ;D
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com