March 29, 2024, 06:33:49 am

Wow.

Started by nintendodork, June 15, 2012, 01:35:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

June 15, 2012, 01:35:12 am Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:54:32 am by nintendodork
I'm making this thread to document my first experience with a drug other than marijuana. I don't ever want to forget what I experienced, and I don't think I will, but just in case, I'm writing everything I can remember here, and hopefully you'll all get a kick out of it.  :blinky: (If you'd like to skip the backstory and go straight to my experience, it'll be labelled and you can just start reading there.)

So, the other day, my friends and I went to Omaha to the Henry-Doorly Zoo (recently voted the #1 zoo in America!), and had a great time. Afterwards, we decided to go to a few stores, and a few of those included some headshops (or places where you can buy pipes, bongs, and other accessories for pot-smoking).  We went to these looking for salvia, but apparently that was recently made illegal and none of us knew, so, not wanting to go home empty-handed, I started to ponder other "legal" highs.

I'm only 17, so two of my friends who are 18 would go into the headshop for me and scout it out. Eventually, one guy sold us this stuff that looked like K2 to me. My friends didn't remember the name he said, they bought one gram split into two small bags for $30, and the guy said it was "50x," which, if you don't know, is very strong in terms of the high the product gives you. This is a picture of what I bought. http://i.imgur.com/e69Tz.jpg

Now, I was originally going to have someone sit with me so I didn't freak out while I smoked it, but no one was available, and I wanted to see what it did, so I smoked it at home while my parents were in bed. (I've done this before with pot, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary.)  I got the packages out of my wallet, took about two pinches of the stuff out of the bags and put it in my pipe (with a screen) and took it outside.

12:57AM

Hit #1:
I hold it in for 40 seconds. I exhale. Nothing.

Hit #2:
I hold it in for 30 seconds. I exhale. At this point, I'm starting to feel a bit like how I do when I come up on pot, but I feel like it might just be placebo.  Going against my better judgement, I take another hit, instead of just putting the rest back and waiting for the two hits to kick in.

Hit #3:
I hold it in for 25 seconds. I exhale. At this point, I feel almost what could be described as lightheaded, but this is also a similar feeling to a pot high, so I don't find anything out of the ordinary.

Hit #4:
This is where it really starts to hit me. I can definitely tell I'm high. I should have definitely stopped here.

Hit #5:
Basically, the feelings from the last hit intensify.

Hit #6:
My last one. I can tell I should definitely not do anymore. The stuff in my pipe is almost cash anyway, so I blow it out and head in.

My Experience

I walk back in my house through the slide-door in the kitchen while still holding my pipe, lighter, and phone.  I walk through the kitchen and into our dining room.

The next thing I'm aware of: I'm seeing shapes, designs, and images of various colors, letters, and creatures based on the style of the Klasky Csupo logo that always played after "The Rugrats" (a popular cartoon on Nickelodeon in the 90s. The logo always freaked me out as a kid. Here's a video of the exact thing I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90U0dYQDft0 )  Everything I'm seeing is over a black background. I am not aware of reality at all.

Now, while I'm seeing all of these things, I feel as though my body is continuously being dispensed out of a soft-serve ice cream machine (there was no actual machine, that was just the closest I can match the feeling to anything). I am hearing every uneasy, awful, terrible sound that I have ever made come out of my body (i.e screams, groans, heaves, etc.), and I am feeling every uncomfortable feeling I have ever felt. It's not necessarily painful, it was more like I was continuously gagging, cramping, different parts of my "body" were "falling asleep" (that feeling you get when your leg goes numb after you've been sitting down for a long time). The reason "body" is in quotes is because at this time, I am not a person. I am simply existing.

I am "conscious," but I am not tangible.  I feel as though I'm both alive and dead. As this is going on, I ponder life after death, and what things were like before the universe existed, and now I am strongly convinced that this is how everything was, but maybe minus the constant uncomfortable feeling. We are constantly aware, but we are nowhere.  We're just existing, and all we see is darkness and/or things that aren't tangible.  I forget everything that has ever happened, and at that moment, I am convinced that this is all life ever was, and the only reason I'm feeling such uncomfortable feelings right now and are so aware of the pain is because that's just how life is, and eventually the uncomfortable feelings and sounds will pass and I will go back to simply seeing darkness and/or the same shit without the uncomfortable feeling. I am now sad because I seriously think this is all life ever was and is ever going to be, and I really hate it and want it to stop.  After experiencing that for what seemed like a few hours, I start to hear my name. The voice calling my name is a voice I've never heard before.  

Eventually, the voice turns into my mother's, and after awhile, I snap out of the visual, and now I am once again viewing reality (in this case, my mom's face saying my name), but still in soft-serve-o-vision.  I'm sprawled out on the floor in the dining room, just a few feet from the doorway from the kitchen into the dining room, all the stuff I had in my hand was dropped.  She asks what happened and tells me that I was screaming a lot. I still have no control over my body, but I'm aware of what I'm doing. I'm making my legs go in circles and I'm slithering my arms around the floor.  She starts asking me questions like what I did, where I got it from, etc. She wasn't mad at all. I was sobbing this whole time too, but eventually I told her everything that happened, and she slowly talked me back down to Earth.  The trip abruptly stopped after awhile, and I looked at my phone.

1:18AM.

TL;DR: I tripped balls. Never doing it again (however, pot is another argument).  Probably would have been fine had I stopped at one or two hits, but I really don't feel like risking it.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MWK

Looks like short but intense, perhaps "Dr Gonzo" knows the answer >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Yl_r_CXeA

Anyway, glad ur OK man, but you gotta be careful :fire:

UglyJoe

Good to hear that your mom cared about your well-being more than the pipe you left on the floor.  I suspect there's a "talk" coming on once you sober up, though :D

Also:

http://www.walkingtowardsthelight.org/a-series-of-huxley-quotes-from-the-doors-of-perception-3-brain-as-reducing-valve/
QuoteThe suggestion is that the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and not productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful.

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

famiac

June 15, 2012, 08:34:37 am #5 Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:00:38 pm by famiac

nintendodork

Quote from: MWK on June 15, 2012, 03:18:41 am
Looks like short but intense, perhaps "Dr Gonzo" knows the answer >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Yl_r_CXeA
Hunter S. Thompson is my favorite author, and that is one of my favorite movies!

Quote from: UglyJoe on June 15, 2012, 04:33:29 am
Good to hear that your mom cared about your well-being more than the pipe you left on the floor.  I suspect there's a "talk" coming on once you sober up, though :D

Also:

http://www.walkingtowardsthelight.org/a-series-of-huxley-quotes-from-the-doors-of-perception-3-brain-as-reducing-valve/
QuoteThe suggestion is that the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and not productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful.

Thanks for that link.  That quote amazes me to no end.  My mom talked to me this morning about getting help because last night I told her I was depressed, but I don't think we're doing anything serious yet. I'm going to start running/exercising a little bit and she wants me to talk to my brother about it, and I guess we'll see where things go from there.

Quote from: 80sFREAK on June 15, 2012, 06:15:28 am
Nice trip :)
Anything but. I say this based solely on what I was feeling. If I was just seeing everything, I feel like I could have gotten over what I was hearing and turned it into something positive, but in addition to everything in my first post, it also felt like my entire skeleton was breaking as I was going through the soft-serve machine. It didn't hurt though, like I said, there was no pain. The only thing I felt was the pressure change of when something in your body pops or breaks, and I've never really thought about it before but I really do hate that feeling if I'm popping anything bigger than my knuckles or toes. Every time I pop my back I cringe a little bit.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomRetroGamer

And wine makes me stay more awake (+ energetic) and lose the shyness I have. Wouldn't say alcohol's bad if used moderately.

famifan

fredJ

June 15, 2012, 12:07:17 pm #9 Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:25:14 pm by fredJ
Some say drugs help you open your mind and stuff. Well, maybe, if you are stuck in something. I would say very soon it just becomes a habit you're stuck in. We all know what a "pothead" is except the user himself.
I don't  see the need for most drugs, except alcohol. Our society is based on the continous consumption of alcohol. There's few alternatives for recreation.
Incidentally, I spent 75% of today in bed. I think I was a bit depressed. But I have found it helps just to stay in bed until feeling like getting up.

Just say no to anti-depressants and other psych drugs! They mess you up worse than pot, and the long time effects are not researched even 1% of the long term effect of pot.
Possible side effects include for example: weight gain, weight loss, become aggresive, get mouth-dryness, lose your hair, lose sleep, sleep all the time, get higher sex drive, lose your sex drive, become impotent. My kidneys even stopped working! Nah, just say no to be a human guinea pig for the med companies.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

nintendodork

Quote from: famifan on June 15, 2012, 11:59:44 am
did you try lsd?
No. I smoked something reminiscent to K2, which is synthetic marijuana. 

son_ov_hades

It's funny, every time I hear a story like this I'm always reassured in my not drinking or doing drugs. Nothing against anyone who does, I just don't see how this kind of thing is enjoyable.

Aimsworth

Quote from: son_ov_hades on June 15, 2012, 12:36:10 pm
It's funny, every time I hear a story like this I'm always reassured in my not drinking or doing drugs. Nothing against anyone who does, I just don't see how this kind of thing is enjoyable.

When people feel trapped, sometimes they turn to any means available to them to escape reality. That being said, personally I drink maybe 3-4 times a year (and even then it's limited to a single bottle)... and I don't do any drugs. IMHO... drugs are usually the resort of the broken or the lost.

Drakon

You only live once.  I say try a small dose and learn your lesson!  I did when I was around your age.  Havn't touched anything since, guess I learned my lesson, but I would never take that experience back because now I KNOW how stupid it is so I'm no longer curious haha.

If someone doesn't try something a little crazy like this atleast once in their life I think there's something mentally wrong with them.

petik1

June 15, 2012, 02:58:01 pm #14 Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:13:58 pm by petik1

I haven't tried or drank anything. I can't tell if I'm the product of a moral upbringing, or if something is wrong with me.

QuoteThe suggestion is that the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and not productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge

Reminds me of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's ending.