Rovio has gone apeshit with Angry Birds (Angry Birds for $40)

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, July 13, 2012, 07:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

Activision has announced Angry Birds Trilogy. Angry Birds Trilogy is in development at Super Stardust developer Housemarque. The collection contains Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons & Angry Birds Rio and will be available for $39.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $29.99 on Nintendo 3DS.

Aside from HD graphics, Angry Birds Trilogy will add support for:
* Microsoft's Kinect motion controls on Xbox 360.
* Sony's PlayStation Move motion controls on PS3.
* Stereoscopic 3D on the Nintendo 3DS (along with a StreetPass feature).

Rovio Executive Vice President Petri Järvilehto had this to say about Angry Birds Trilogy:

"You can think of the game as the ultimate collector's edition. There are new cinematics, extras and other entertaining content. In addition all of the existing material has been uprezzed and re-treated for the high-resolution and big screen.

The backgrounds have been animated, we've added lighting modes, reactive backgrounds
, the list goes on and on. We believe that there are a lot of people on the consoles who appreciate a great casual game play experience. This is a game that resonates across a wide audience on many platforms.

There have been so many fans asking to be able to play the game on their home console with their friends and family, and so far we haven't been able to offer anything to them. Now we're finally able to have a great high quality experience on those platforms.

We are working hard to ensure that no matter what platform you choose to play on, you will always get the best possible game play experience."

According to IGN, Järvilehto wouldn't comment if the free level packs iOS and Android players received will be included in Angry Birds Trilogy, but added there would now be individual leaderboards for each level.

I think we'd all rather have all the extra levels included too. The big elephant in the room of course is that the HD versions of all three games in the Angry Birds Trilogy are already available on iPad and only cost you $6 altogether. In fact, Angry Birds Seasons is currently a free download (app of the week) on iPhone/iPod & iPad.

Here's the Angry Birds Seasons "Chinese New Year Update" intro cartoon:
http://youtu.be/uBNb-PG81ME

Source: VideoGamesBlogger.com

Seriously, are they freaking serious?! $40 damn dollars for a crappy mobile phone that's available for free? Sigh, unbelievable. >:(

son_ov_hades

I love Angry Birds, but there is no way I'd pay anything close to $40 for games I have for free on my phone already.