wtb cheap famicom

Started by DigitalxxxFr34k, August 08, 2012, 12:09:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalxxxFr34k

I recently bought a famicom, but as soon as i got it,, it did not work, well at least i hope it is the famicom, if some one has one that is in horrible condition but works flawless, and willing to let it go for cheap, i dont need the controllers, everything cosmetic about this one is perfect,   

DigitalxxxFr34k

tested and do they work? and how much? pics of it being functional  would be nice, but before its settled, id like to see what i can do with my famicom, i hope the pics i post up there for you will be some help, till then could you put it on hold, just in case we cant figure out what the issue is with mine lol

DigitalxxxFr34k

I don't know how much you charge for a complete unit, acoording to the price guide its 40 to 65, I paid 20 for mine and acoording to the guide, it would cost between 20 and 32.50 usd, so um yeah, I kinda need more spacifics 

DigitalxxxFr34k

what would you charge for Modded guts :)  22.50 ? :)
:

DigitalxxxFr34k

August 08, 2012, 05:50:39 pm #4 Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:04:21 pm by DigitalxxxFr34k
USA

Post Merge: August 08, 2012, 06:04:21 pm

oh and will i need to do any case modification, i do have the tools for that if i have to lol, i have the 1983 case and a 1984 PCB if that tells you anything lol

DigitalxxxFr34k

well i talked to  to the seller on here, and he is going to send me  working guts for free. I got a question for you, is this AV mod done by adding home made pcb, and soldering it to the famicom?, if so how much would it cost to have one made and sent to me, i just need a pic of where i need to solder it too if it is possible

DigitalxxxFr34k

yeahhh.... non of that makes sense to me im not a soldering type a guy, if it was as easy as in connecting a wire to a pin and feed it to a composite connector, i could totally do that, but something this diffacult, ill need a video, my brain just does not register stuff like that unless im watching it being done, and as im watching it i follow

stringfellow

Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 08, 2012, 05:05:29 pm
Quote from: DigitalxxxFr34k on August 08, 2012, 12:07:56 pm
I don't know how much you charge for a complete unit, acoording to the price guide its 40 to 65, I paid 20 for mine and acoording to the guide, it would cost between 20 and 32.50 usd, so um yeah, I kinda need more spacifics 
Till the end of August i sell AV modded Famicoms' for 30USD. So unmodded guts is half of that price - 15USD.

I'd be interested since I also just bought a non working famicom with a decent case. If you'd like I could send you the guts of mine and may be you could fix it or use it for parts.

DigitalxxxFr34k

August 09, 2012, 09:42:27 pm #8 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:10:25 pm by DigitalxxxFr34k
Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 09, 2012, 05:21:05 pm
It's time to improve your skills :)

yeah, i just need to do it with out blowing up my famicom >.< because i  put a wire in the wrong place or something, ive looked through ur post on the AV mod  about 6 times, mentally cant comprehend it, because its not being processed visually and theres no way to follow, drawing writing, and still images, my brain does not process, its not me being lazy, its a mental  issue,  Kinesthetic Visual learner, meaning i have to be shown step by step, (non still images) how to do something as i follow exactly as you do, example, so lets say you drew a picture, and i were to copy you, even tho i was one step behind, i could mimic your movements  ( if they are not to fast) lol

Post Merge: August 09, 2012, 10:10:25 pm

i think ill just wait to do so till i feel more confident about it lol

stringfellow

Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 09, 2012, 08:58:58 pm
Quote from: stringfellow on August 09, 2012, 07:09:06 pm
Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 08, 2012, 05:05:29 pm
Quote from: DigitalxxxFr34k on August 08, 2012, 12:07:56 pm
Till the end of August i sell AV modded Famicoms' for 30USD. So unmodded guts is half of that price - 15USD.

I'd be interested since I also just bought a non working famicom with a decent case. If you'd like I could send you the guts of mine and may be you could fix it or use it for parts.
Keep in mind international shipping cost. Also where you from?

I'm in the USA

DigitalxxxFr34k

Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 09, 2012, 10:31:29 pm
Quote from: DigitalxxxFr34k on August 09, 2012, 09:42:27 pm
Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 09, 2012, 05:21:05 pm
It's time to improve your skills :)

yeah, i just need to do it with out blowing up my famicom >.< because i  put a wire in the wrong place or something, ive looked through ur post on the AV mod  about 6 times, mentally cant comprehend it, because its not being processed visually and theres no way to follow, drawing writing, and still images, my brain does not process, its not me being lazy, its a mental  issue,  Kinesthetic Visual learner, meaning i have to be shown step by step, (non still images) how to do something as i follow exactly as you do, example, so lets say you drew a picture, and i were to copy you, even tho i was one step behind, i could mimic your movements  ( if they are not to fast) lol

Post Merge: August 09, 2012, 10:10:25 pm

i think ill just wait to do so till i feel more confident about it lol
How can i help you?

i dont understand the diagram on the last photo, also my that chip u have in the first photo,  which is the RP2c02e-0  is not removable, and i dont understand what you are talking about at all in the 2nd picture, nor do i know what those little blue things are, mine does not have em, but i see where they go, ( since i get a slight video signal on the guts  that dont work, i would like to try to do it on this board before i get the fully working board ya know

DigitalxxxFr34k

Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 10, 2012, 08:19:27 pm
Quote from: DigitalxxxFr34k on August 10, 2012, 05:13:39 pm
i dont understand the diagram on the last photo, also my that chip u have in the first photo,  which is the RP2c02e-0  is not removable, and i dont understand what you are talking about at all in the 2nd picture, nor do i know what those little blue things are, mine does not have em, but i see where they go, ( since i get a slight video signal on the guts  that dont work, i would like to try to do it on this board before i get the fully working board ya know
I can give you good advice - avoid to touch soldering iron and take course about basic electronics. You probably have to pay for it, but it's just the life.

i never thought of that, i grew up repairing computers, building them, virus removal, so basic electronics course, hmm i wonder if the tech school ill be attending computer courses will have that, im also taking a japanese language course when i start, would basic electronics give me enough know how to, lets say repair computer components as well then to have some one replace it?