Games rewrited with FDSLoadr gives me an error 22! HELP!

Started by Feel, August 11, 2012, 09:23:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feel

Hi everyone!

i'm having an issue that's screwing with my brain.
A friend of mine rewrited me some Famicom Disks using FDSLoadr, a DOS computer and the right cable. We tested the games with my console (a Famicom AV) and his Disk System, the games worked fine.

Back home, i plugged my famicom av to my disk system and the 4 games gave me the same error 22. We have absolutely no idea of what's causing this.

Furthermore, all of my original games work fine. So I'm turning to you for help.

Hope someone will have some ideas or answers...

Thanks!

ulera

famiac

famiac

Helped me when i kept getting err. 27. There's a game doctor disk that helps you tune your disk system too.

famiac

I didnt either... I was just trying to offer advice! Don't get mad.

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

ericj

Quote from: 80sFREAK on August 12, 2012, 04:28:54 pm
Quote from: fredJ on August 12, 2012, 12:58:15 pm
I suspect 80sFreak has insomnia.  :D
Just tired of this sort of "advices".

If you're tired of shitty advice, stop being a smartass and offer up what you know.  ;)

GohanX

I actually had this problem today as well. I was at a bud's house, and his Twin Famicom couldn't read any of the disks I had written on my drive, but all of the original disks we tried worked fine. I'm guessing one of our drives needs calibration.

GohanX

Sounds like a lot of work!

80sFreak: Don't forget my drive came from you. Guess which FDS I think is the problem?  ;)

GohanX

Yeah, my drive works perfectly with both original and rewritten disks. Bud's drive only works with original disks, but works perfectly on originals. I'm going to try my disks on a third bud's Famicom Twin and see what happens.

Feel

To add details, I can say that at my friend's house, both original and rewrited games work. I don't really want to mess with reading calibration as it works fine with original games and I wouldn't want to mess that up.

Does anyone has real ideas on what could be the REAL problem? If I try to write the games using his computer, his cable but MY FDS, will it make the games work on my FDS?

fredJ

could it have to do with disk system revision?
is this a commons problem? I can't sell disks that give error 22 at random FDS.

fredJ

thank you mr freak.  :)

I wonder , in the disk writer machines, disks were also rewritten and generally work. Maybe err 27 on badly calibrated systems but not err 22 that I've seen.

What is the difference when you rewrite it yourself?

Feel

Thanks a lot, 80sFreak!

Then I will try with mine.
I've modded it following the instructions on the site (it's a revision 5) but I don't know how to identify if the reader part is protected or not (as it seems to be 2 versions of it).

Feel

May I add that i have another rewritten game (Bubble Bobble on a Kinnikuman disk) that I got along with my FDS and who works perfectly fine.