Famicom Issues please help

Started by DigitalxxxFr34k, August 07, 2012, 09:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalxxxFr34k

you got a point, i should probably  invest in one, and its a cloth that i use to lay on my foot stool when i work on something, i don't have space for a work bench, and soldering is out of the question, if anything i will replace the whole thing i already have 80'sFreak offering me the guts, but he is also trying to help me with the issue on the fhis one, just in case its fixable,  i don't know,  i would be willing to sell the guts on this famicom to some one who can fix it, soldering is really not a strong skill, i got a iron, and a pump, but im  not very good at it -.- looks like its hopeless really, the seller i bought from here said it all worked, i wanna know what happened from there to here 3 games are pixelated and 2 games don't work at all, it all came from the same guy, the super famicom i bought from him tho works flawless

Post Merge: August 08, 2012, 05:07:45 pm

well what do you recomend on cleaning it, i used a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol with a credit cart

DigitalxxxFr34k

ok well i used one of those clothes you use to clean LCD screens, shined a flashlight in  the slot, and double checked the carts pins, the one i manage to disassemble the pins are clean and still the same pixel mix, so i think you might be right thanks for your help alot, and thank you every one for the advise but i think i need new guts, sucks being my first famicom -.-

HokusaiXL

I would still try an emery board.  It'll fit inside the slot and can scrape off what the cloth usually can't get.
I don't know how to fox. D:

DigitalxxxFr34k

I can see the pins quite well when I shined a flash lite in it, there's nothing on them, they are shiney look new, I think a connection some were with in the pcb is what the issue is the seller is sending me a guts for one so I can hope nothing goes wrong this time lol ill keep that in mind if I notice some stuff I can't get off the pins by doing the credit card cloth trick

Frank_fjs

P.s. just for the record, I don't think senseiman was trying to deceive you or rip you off. It was most likely an honest mistake or shipping damage etc, he's a nice guy and wouldn't deliberately mess you around. :)

It still sucks that your Famicom isn't working though, so I feel your pain and hope it gets resolved soon.

DigitalxxxFr34k

Quote from: Frank_fjs on August 09, 2012, 10:02:47 pm
P.s. just for the record, I don't think senseiman was trying to deceive you or rip you off. It was most likely an honest mistake or shipping damage etc, he's a nice guy and wouldn't deliberately mess you around. :)

It still sucks that your Famicom isn't working though, so I feel your pain and hope it gets resolved soon.

he is a nice guy, he gave me advise of what i should do and where i should go to try to get this working, i know he didn't do it on purpose,  and i will continue to buy stuff from him,  he said it worked, and it didn't weather he got lucky with it, or something happened between there and here, and we worked it out, and im very thankful to his kindness, when really he did not have to go out of his way :)

DigitalxxxFr34k

yes i have one, and i have no solder nor am i really good  at it, so far ive only gotton the hang of LEDs, and a wire to a pin or 2 wires togeather ..... >.< i tried it with a megadrive because the video wouldnt stay, and i i replaced the cord n what not, and so i tried to resolder the points around the area, lucky enough i didnt make it any worse, but i didnt make it any better, i ended up selling it to some on for 10 bucks so they could do an AV mod on it

GohanX

Quote from: DigitalxxxFr34k on August 10, 2012, 08:33:50 pm
yes i have one, and i have no solder nor am i really good  at it, so far ive only gotton the hang of LEDs, and a wire to a pin or 2 wires togeather ..... >.< i tried it with a megadrive because the video wouldnt stay, and i i replaced the cord n what not, and so i tried to resolder the points around the area, lucky enough i didnt make it any worse, but i didnt make it any better, i ended up selling it to some on for 10 bucks so they could do an AV mod on it

You don't really need any soldering skills for what 80sFreak is talking about. He means just touch each pin with the tip of the soldering iron for a second to melt the solder. Sometimes the solder points lose contact after so many years, but reheating them can repair the connection without doing something as difficult as replacing the whole slot.

DigitalxxxFr34k

alright thanks, you made it sound much easier lol

fredJ

i recommend a soldering iron with small tip....
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com