Favorite Sega Genesis game?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:53:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreatgonzo

Forgotten Worlds can be pretty fun (its easy to live forever if you are with a partner)..
Castlevania Bloodlines had some awesome stages in it.
Gaiares is a fun shooter, as is Phelios...
Gunstar Heroes is like candy for the eyes. Anything by Treasure is GOLD.

Thats GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!
Dance, puppets... dance!

Kuvio

son_ov_hades

Sonic 1 and 2
Rocket Knight Adventures
Streets Of Rage
Golden Axe
Power Rangers The Movie

thegreatgonzo

Awesome mention of Rocket Knight Adventures. And the follow up sequel Sparkster was pretty fun too.

Another Treasure game: Dynamite Headdy!
Dance, puppets... dance!

son_ov_hades

I didn't even know Rocket had a sequel. I must get that!

thegreatgonzo

It should not cost that much. I think they released Sparkster for the SNES as well... I go for the Genesis version mostly because you can get it CIB.
Dance, puppets... dance!

UglyJoe

My favorites for the Genesis:

Mutant League Football
Mutant League Hockey
General Chaos
Skitchin'
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker
Streets of Rage 1,2,3
Splatterhouse 2,3
Dragon's Fury
Cyborg Justice

It's funny, I never remember the Genesis with very much regard, but when I look through my box of games, there's so many that I really, really enjoyed when I was younger.  I wonder why that is...

thegreatgonzo

UglyJoe, can you tell me more about Skitchin, Dragon's Fury, and Cyborg Justice? I'm not familiar with those titles...
Dance, puppets... dance!

UglyJoe

Quote from: thegreatgonzo on June 13, 2008, 07:58:10 pm
UglyJoe, can you tell me more about Skitchin,

Skitchin' was this cool game that EA put out.  The game engine is a lot like the one used in the Road Rash games, if you're familiar with them.  It was basically a racing game where you were on rollerblades.  You raced on busy roads and needed to grab onto the backs of cars in order get some real speed.  You could also beat up the other racers if you got close enough to them.  It's actually a lot like Road Rash, but I always found it to be more fun.  It also has a pretty cool soundtrack. 

Dragon's Fury,

Dragon's Fury is an awesome pinball game.  It's better known as "Devil's Crush" on the PC Engine/TG16.  Kinda hard to explain why a digital pinball game is awesome.  Grab the rom if you're curious.  Again, awesome soundtrack.

and Cyborg Justice? I'm not familiar with those titles...

Cyborg Justice is a beat-em-up where you're a cyborg.  It had this awesome gimmick where you could rip off the arms and torsos (and legs, maybe?) of the robots you were beating up and could swap them onto your own body.  Enemy has a buzzsaw arm?  Beat him up, tear his arm off, swap it!  Now you have a buzzsaw arm.  Bzzzzzzzzz!  It also had these really annoying jumping segments that ultimately ruined the game for me...

thegreatgonzo

Ahh I will have to keep my eyes open for those titles. I have Jaki Crush for the SFC so I am sort of familar with the Crush series (think there is an Alien Crush out there somewhere, too).

Speaking of great soundtracks on Genesis games,,
how about Moonwalker?
::)
Dance, puppets... dance!

UglyJoe

Quote from: thegreatgonzo on June 14, 2008, 10:51:17 am
Ahh I will have to keep my eyes open for those titles. I have Jaki Crush for the SFC so I am sort of familar with the Crush series (think there is an Alien Crush out there somewhere, too).

Yeah, Alien Crush was released as Dragon's Revenge on the Genesis.  It's not as good as the first one, though, I think.

Quote from: thegreatgonzo on June 14, 2008, 10:51:17 am
Speaking of great soundtracks on Genesis games,,
how about Moonwalker?
::)

http://sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=1&gameid=3&subid=2&artid=16  8)

satoshi_matrix

Thunder Force II
Rockman Mega World
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic CD and Snatcher, if the Sega CD counts.

keiffer01

My top 5 genesis games;

Snatcher (sega cd)
Sonic CD (sega cd)
Ristar
Sonic 3
Virtua Fighter (32x)

Yeah for a genesis console, I find Virtua Fighter's 3D graphics and gameplay fantastic.

AB Positive

Wow... one sad tiny little vote for one of my all time favorite games Landstalker. It's ok, I'll give you an Eke-Eke and get you up on the list in no time, little one. :D

I'll second Dragon's Fury (although I always played Devil's Crush on the TG16) and Skitchin' however - damn Skitchin' is fun and getting the random three scorers whenever you hit some sort of jump was always fun.

For fans of Landstalker - do not, repeat, do NOT play it's Dreamcast sequel "Time Stalkers". Just don't - it's that bad, sadly.

Just started the fami collection... want to finish a pulse line collection to start. :)

Squidburger

Undeadline would have to be my favorite game on the system hands down.  One of the hardest, yet most rewarding shooters I've ever played.

For North American releases I'd probably have to go with Contra Hard Corps which is also in my opinion the best Contra game.