Japanese famicom in australia

Started by granado_jake, September 01, 2012, 03:17:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

granado_jake

Hello, after reading many post around...I am still confused on how to set up the Famicom here in Australia.  I take it that I can use a Megadrive power adapter for it but I keep reading carious different things about the RF or just plain video. 

I have read that I can

Use a Megadrive RF adapter
Use a NES Rf adapter
Use standard Japanese adapter and tune the channel
RF demodulator (hella expensive)

Or the AV mod.

I am not sure that I can perform the AV mod myself, I would be willing to give it a shot but my soldering skills are lacking, I have done a TG-16, but that was easy...I just at a loss here, my Famicom and 3 games get here in 4 days, I would love to be able to play it.  I didn't even think about this beforehand, quite stupid on my part.

Thank you and best regards, look forward to responses!

Jake Granado

Frank_fjs

Hi,

To power your Famicom, you can use:

- A Master System 1 PSU, Master System 2 PSU, Mega Drive 1 PSU or anything with suitable specs

Tuning it in can be tricky, but mainly depends on your TV. An old CRT will work best.

You can use any of the RF adapters that you mention barring the Japanese one. By the way, you need to tune the system in regardless of the RF cable used.

P.s. I know of someone who can perform an AV mod for you if needed, which city are you in?

granado_jake

I am in the Fremantle/Perth area, for the next 3 weeks at least.  Then I am moving to Adelaide

Frank_fjs

Great! I'm in Adelaide too as is my modder, drop me a PM when you're in town and I will pass on some details to you.