famicom disk on toaster nes with ENIO

Started by slapshot, September 13, 2012, 09:14:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slapshot

Had a famicom as a kid, my dad worked with someone who lived in hong kong half the year so my dad got me and my brother a famicom to play japanese games before there was thecerfohs; we also had a nes and eventually got a honeybee convertor becoz the famicom only did RF (and i wasnt into modding things at age 11 / im 34 now) and i sold the famicom on the usenet for sale boards a long time ago :(

Getting back into the famicom again, i ordered a FDS system from ebay with the belt replaced. I was able to pickup a toaster nes cheap and i bought the ENIO board from chykin as well.

My question is : if i take the top off the nes,  use a game genie and a famicom 2 nes adaptor to hook up FDS can i get the full sound from FDS games without modding the adaptor since i have the ENIO installed?

If not, what do i have to do to get this working properly without having to get a famicom or top loader nes?

Thanks in adavance- Slapshot/Premiere

Post Merge: September 13, 2012, 09:17:13 am

I guess this should be posted on the tech section if mods could move it for me thx

HokusaiXL

The ENIO board does the pin jumping to allow for the extra sounds, but you'll still need to mod your famicom to NES adapter.
I don't know how to fox. D:

slapshot

Just the adaptor and not the game genie right? i remember stumbling across a thread here showing the mod for the adaptor, i take it thats what im looking for,  so once i do that ill have the fds running on toaster nes?

HokusaiXL

Yeah just the adapter.  So long as the game genie passes all of the pins instead of the four that they omited on the later NES releases.
I don't know how to fox. D:

ulera

I actually tried experimenting using an official nintendo adapter and using the FDS on my FC mobile II. Didn't work.  :( (Frozen screen, only played first note of music.)

P

September 14, 2012, 06:42:56 am #5 Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:39:35 am by P
I don't get what you are using the Game Genie for. I heard it doesn't work with the FDS.

EDIT: Or are you using a front loader (I thought toaster = top loader) and use the Game Genie only as a means to extend the adapter? Then I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

slapshot

Yes just using it as an extender

Post Merge: September 14, 2012, 08:42:35 am

Is there a better way to do this w/o buying a famicom/top loader nes?

2A03

Quote from: slapshot on September 14, 2012, 08:40:41 am
Is there a better way to do this w/o buying a famicom/top loader nes?

You could try hunting down a Honeybee Family Adaptor, which should fit the FDS in an unmodded front loader just fine:

slapshot

September 14, 2012, 05:41:41 pm #8 Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:14:08 am by slapshot
Ah i had the honeybee family convertor as a kid. The smaller one. Wish i could find one of those extender ones

edit : if anyone has one for sale - please let me know. have plenty to trade or cash for it. i dont wanna hack my nes up. the enio is so sweet all i need is this adaptor and i will have famicom disk system awesomeness without opening the nes up.