Started by featherplucknfilms, March 24, 2007, 08:46:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

try searching next time, there is a search function

but guess what, you cant :(
ステキ

JC

Topics merged. :)

Wouldn't one option be to erase the game from the disk and rewrite it back to it? Not that it's really an option for most people, since there's maybe three people on these gaming forums capable of doing that.

MaxXimus

I thought that the Doki Doki Panic rom had a partial save on it already? (one of the characters starting on world 2)

Or is there more than 1 dump?

UglyJoe

March 28, 2008, 05:30:31 pm #18 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:30:32 pm by UglyJoe
I managed to erase the save game in the rom.  Start up the game and choose a character.  Get yourself killed 3 times and get to the continue/save screen.  Choose save.  It'll ask you to flip the disk, do so.  It'll say WAIT on screen.  After a while, it'll go away, leaving a blank screen.  The WAIT will return again shortly.  Wait a second or two after that and then reset you Famicom.  Once things come back up, the save data should be gone. 

I played through the first three levels after I did this to see if it would save my data and it did.  So, it looks like that works.

Things may be different on real hardware, though.  Try this at your OWN RISK.  I assume no responsibility for anything that goes wrong, if you should choose to try it on a real disk.  /disclaimer

ckenda1

Quote from: UglyJoe on March 28, 2008, 05:30:31 pm
I managed to erase the save game in the rom.  Start up the game and choose a character.  Get yourself killed 3 times and get to the continue/save screen.  Choose save.  It'll ask you to flip the disk, do so.  It'll say WAIT on screen.  After a while, it'll go away, leaving a blank screen.  The WAIT will return again shortly.  Wait a second or two after that and then reset you Famicom.  Once things come back up, the save data should be gone. 

I played through the first three levels after I did this to see if it would save my data and it did.  So, it looks like that works.

Things may be different on real hardware, though.  Try this at your OWN RISK.  I assume no responsibility for anything that goes wrong, if you should choose to try it on a real disk.  /disclaimer

I tried this real quickly on the rom as well and it worked.  I have a CIB copy of DDP and a loose copy coming.  I got the loose copy for basically nothing (in a lot) so I guess I'll give it a shot and report back once everything arrives.

Stay Tuned!

ckenda1

I told everyone to stay tuned.. and well the results are...

*DRUM ROLL*

It works on the actual hardware as well.  I now have 2 Doki Doki Panics both without save game data.  I beat world 1 with the first character to see if it would save again and sure enough it did.  Follow UglyJoe's post above just as he did with the rom and all will be well!

Mystery solved!

UglyJoe

JC

I tried to erase my disk's save data with no luck. And then, after defeating Birdo in Chapter 6, this:

I got trapped and had to reset the game.

Nesruler22

Hey guys!
Just got a copy of Doki Doki panic in the mail, and it has a bunch of saved stuff on it so i was wondering if theres anyway i could delete the stuff on there so i could start my own game and everything!
All help would be amazing!
Thanks!
Jeremy

UglyJoe

ericj

Play the game until you are asked to save, choose save, and then eject the disk while it's saving. This will corrupt the save game and you should be good to go.

nensondubois

i have a problem with saving on my disk. When I  beat the game with the Blue Character, and saved with all levels beaten with him being saved, I tried this again with the other three and none of them saved. Is this normal?

tonev

I am back everyone :)

nintendodork

There is no English version of Doki Doki Panic.  It was only released on the FDS officially.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

geekmiki

Thanks to UglyJoe, with his instructions I managed to clear all the previous saves!