April 28, 2024, 07:38:34 pm

Fuck gamestop

Started by BonBon, November 01, 2012, 10:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BonBon

I went to game stop about a week ago looking for a ds game aliens infestation. I was looking around in the games with boxes and manuals noticed they didn't have many at all but a huge glass case full of loose ds games. I found the game I wanted loose. i feel next gen system games almost always are complete so I really don't like buying them loose. when the girl opened up the case for me I asked her if they had it cib and this is what she told me. With all the new 3ds games coming in we don't have any room for the ds game boxs anymore so I asked what are u doing with them she told me pitching them. I was beyond words I just can't belive this shit.

manuel

:o
Damn... Corporate stupidity at its finest...

keropi

this has been going over a year IIRC... first they got rid ALL "retro" cases and now apparently thy moved to newer systems....

egg_sanwich

Lesson learned: don't buy games at corporate brick and mortar stores. Support small independent shops. Or support the online community.

We don't support stupidity.

petik1

My local Play n trade just dropped the play n trade name, so now its 100% more indie!

Cheetahmen

Makes me glad GameStop don't operate in Britain (and if they do, then to nowhere near the scale it does elsewhere) and even if they did, I'd stick with the local shops that sell old games anyway.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Epic_Lotus

Yeah, that's pretty idiotic.  What gets me is that the cases are more than just holders.  They're a mini-advertisement, making the game more eye-catching on the shelf.  Trying to browse loose carts is just ridiculous.  Just one more reason not to support GameStop's used game business.

P

And they are discarding the manuals too? That's beyond ridiculous! I hope they don't charge full prize for those loose games.

GohanX

They do and they do! They charge slightly less for a used game (a $20 new game will be $18 used) but they make no concessions for condition, so a mint complete copy and a ratty loose used copy will cost the same.