Could Someone Make Me A Multicart?

Started by okame, November 10, 2012, 12:32:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

okame

I've been watching You Tube videos of Game Center CX, and while some of the Famicom games that Arino plays are pretty cheap on eBay, some of them are my entire budget for Famicom game buying! Is there someone who could put as many Famicom games as a cart will allow, so that I'd have a multicart of the games on one cart? I'd be willing to hunt for the ROMs and e-mail them myself. I'd also find a cheap donor cart online and send it to whoever can help. I'm getting a Famicom Twin for x-mas (I only had to pay half), so I wanted to have as many choices for games as possible, but I'm running out of shelf space in my room! Two or three multicarts takes up MUCH less space than dozens of them!

133MHz

You'd be better off getting a commercial flash cartridge from the likes of RetroZone or Krikzz. :)

VinylDracula

thenesdump.com offers multicarts and he takes requests, dont expect 30 games on a single cart, he can maybe fit 7-10 on a cart, depending on the title and size of the rom file. Hell do famicom stuff to just message him.

okame

The Game Center CX seasons have an average of only 1 or 2 Famicom games after the 1st one. The show had 8 seasons, but some seasons only had 1 Famicom game. I'm not talking 30 games per cart, just some carts with 10 each. I have most of them as ROMs (some of the Japanese ones translated), but I like playing games on carts if they're cart games. If you can't find the ROMs, I can e-mail them to you as .zip files. I'm buying cheap donor carts when I can get the money together. I don't care what you do with the leftover Famicom boards. You can trash them or use them yourself for spare parts.

I'm pretty broke right now, so I could only afford about $30 per cart, including shipping, and I could only pay to get them done one at a time, stretching out the payments. No answer yet from nesdump, so I'm still taking offers. All I want are 10 games per cart, and a menu screen with an 8 bit version of the Game Center CX logo and a list of the games available on the cart. From a look at Game Center Cx's wiki page, I figure there won't even be a dozen carts. Saves more space and money than getting all the carts separately. This is just for me, so that I can play these games the way they're meant to be played, on a Famicom Twin system (the red and white of the Famicom makes me nauseous), on a cart, with original Famicom joysticks.

untinip

Which games would are we talking about exactly? Do you have a list?

L___E___T

You're better off seeing if Trenton_Net has any more of his multicarts left.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famifan

sounds like you want a custom cart.

custom handmade cart can't be cheaper then any at the market. Unless you're making all the work by yourself for the great justice (and your time is worth it). Oh.. totally forgot about label/case

okame

I could make the label myself, and buying a multicart wouldn't be a problem, if that's the only thing that could handle all the games. I just need a menu with the Game Center CX logo and the list of games, plus the games themselves, on one ROM, plus someone who can put that ROM on one cart. If those are 2 different people, so be it. Also, if the multicart is flimsy, I have some cheap eBay Famicom carts bookmarked that I could buy for carts, mostly sports games that I wouldn't play by themselves. Some of the Famicom games they have on that show are several HUNDRED bucks online! For ONE cart!

Rosser

+

or wait for krikzz's famicom cart to come out in a few months

It may be more expensive at first but it will be cheaper in the long run either that or learn how to program multi's you self http://www.snesrepro.com/?p=23

Rosser

November 24, 2012, 04:40:48 pm #9 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:00:00 am by Rosser
Do they even have pirates with GUI's/menu images? I think one of the Everdrives has a GUI I forget which but if the Famicom everdrive has a GUI then I'm sure it could be hack to have a Gamecenter CX logo. You would think for a guy offering so little he wouldn't be so damn picky about a useless logo just put it on the physical cart and call it a day.

famifan

any updates?

seems that nobody wants to work for free

OP, can you imagine what amount of time will be spent on that multicart?
i guess your dad will spend 1 month (or more) for that. Let's give him only $30 for that ... ah... totally forgot about shipping to my country. 30$ minus shipping is truly enough for him.

Rosser

You should contact this Russian guy selling multi-carts on he eBay I noticed that his cart has a nice GUI maybe he can hook you up with a GameCenter CX log for your Multi or something  8)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-90-Tenis-Lunar-Ball-Legend-Kage-Dr-Mario-Galaxian-Famicom-NES-/140895361197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ce0498ad

macbee

Quote from: Rosser on December 13, 2012, 01:34:38 pm
You should contact this Russian guy selling multi-carts on he eBay I noticed that his cart has a nice GUI maybe he can hook you up with a GameCenter CX log for your Multi or something  8)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-90-Tenis-Lunar-Ball-Legend-Kage-Dr-Mario-Galaxian-Famicom-NES-/140895361197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ce0498ad

Nice menu indeed. I guess these graphics are from Saiyuki World but I'm not sure.

famifan

Quote from: Rosser on December 13, 2012, 01:34:38 pm

no way, that guy is selling overpriced shit which really costs $2-3

L___E___T

Is it possible to make  Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, 3 multicart?  
I have an Adventure Island one and it got me thinking.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。