Some people do not receive email notifications when new pm arrives.

Started by tonev, January 27, 2013, 03:54:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Some people do not receive email notifications when new pm arrives
So far satoshi_matrix and Martin claim that they do not recieve email notifications. If other members also suffer from this please post here.

Satoshi_matrix is using hotmail and martin is using neostrada.pl i do not know if it is his own domain or whatever the situation is.

I do not think that it is a problem with dreamhost.com because if it was then none of the members would receive email notifications.

I know php so i can help if there is a problem with something.
I am back everyone :)

ericj

There is also a setting where you receive a pop-up when you log in and have messages. Either way, if you're selling something, it'd be wise to have a look at the header and see if you have any messages.

80sFREAK

I don't think there is a problem with FW, but the other end. It's simply impossible to login and not to see new messages in PM.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

tonev

Quote from: famifan on January 28, 2013, 01:04:37 am
Quote from: tonev on January 27, 2013, 03:54:41 pm
I know php

show us your code

What code  ;D

I know the language php not the pho code of the site (but i can download smf from their site and look at it but...) i just don't get what do you want from me to show you  ;D

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

famifan

Quote from: tonev on January 28, 2013, 02:50:53 am
Quote from: famifan on January 28, 2013, 01:04:37 am
show us your code

What code  ;D

I know the language php not the pho code of the site (but i can download smf from their site and look at it but...) i just don't get what do you want from me to show you  ;D

i was asking about showing the your php code. Your means written by you

UglyJoe

It's not a php issue. There are some mail servers (such as Hotmail) that will block the PM emails. It's not a spam filter thing, but rather an all out rejection. The error logs on the server only give me cryptic error codes and vague explanations, so I'm not entirely sure how to resolve the issue.

L___E___T

I aint getting no e-mails for PMs either (but I already spoke to admins about this).
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

I just changed the "from" email address from "noreply@myserver.com" (the default) to "noreply@famicomworld.com".  I don't know if that will make a difference (good or bad) for anybody, but we'll see.

tonev

everyone with gmail accounts check your spam folder and mark them as not spam :)  because gmail remembers the old address and now it thinks that the new one is fake so do this and you will be fine

UglyJoe

Has anyone noticed a difference in whether the PM emails arrive or not?

I know that gmail thinks they're spam now, but you can tell gmail that they're not.

I know that hotmail was blocking them before, is it still blocking them?

MasterDisk

L___E___T

Hotmail still blocking for me...

Is thre something I can do to get PM alerts back?  I check FW more than hotmail, but I'd like to get them back if possible.  Some setting I should change in hotmail?  FW isn't on any blocked lists...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

I'm not sure what else you or I can do.  I just sent off a support email to DreamHost to see if they have any suggestions.

Post Merge: February 25, 2013, 02:15:50 pm

Okay, they basically told me that the information that I gave them would be forwarded to their "mail blocks queue", where it will help their team try to get the block removed.  They also said that I probably won't receive any kind of notification about when/if it gets resolved.  So, I guess sit tight and see if the problem goes away.

The only other solution that I can think of is to setup a Gmail account and use that for your FW account.  You can setup the Gmail account to automatically forward all mail to another address.  So, the Gmail account would work as a sort of proxy to make sure the mail gets delivered to Hotmail.