Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2018, 08:38:05 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Finds (NES)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] Print
Author Topic: Finds (NES)  (Read 352546 times)
nensondubois
Sharp C1

???

« Reply #825 on: July 23, 2018, 01:11:59 AM »

One other thing I wonder is if the disk writer and fax kiosks was seen by the customer normally? As I understand it they where not used as vending machines, but the store clerk did all the job of operating it and providing a manual and such. But could you see it when they were writing? Since it had a cool video and cool music supposedly ran by a Famicom (and I guess FDS to get those peculiar sounds) I guess it must have seen by the customers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKN3uWZ5lrQ

That is a very unfortunate company policy. I have doubts Nintendo destroyed them and possibly just stored them in a warehouse. If the Disk Writer Kiosk is actually a modified Famicom then I'm curious why the Disk Writer BIOS hasn't been dumped. I know there are two different NSF covers and the Nintendo sound museum CD Disk Writer so I assume someone has access to a Disk Writer kiosk other than Nintendo. It is well-known that they have one in storage, possibly more than one for reasons more than preservation like giving companies access to recordings and documentary lisencing.

Retrospectives
AV Famicom

« Reply #826 on: July 24, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »

Sure, no problem  Cheesy

Yes, it might had been possible. I have no idea and just speculating haha. Is possible that people just thought that blue disk had higher value since they were retail rather than re-write, but at same time, they are kind of rare in overwritten form, so there must be some type of explanation, but which one is really hard to say.

I think so too. Not to talk about the novelty factor would be very high for a collector, so somewhere around the price as the early proto I would assume. Really hard estimate a market value of something so rare and not showing up more than once in maybe like every two-five years (or more) but the demand could be calculated as high, based on fact people like collecting everything, and the demand is very high for early Nintendo things so yeah, pricey we can totally assume  Embarrassed

In my local Toy/Game shop the Kiosks were located just behind disk counter. If wanted re-write, submit score or such, just tell clerk which one, and they did it manually for you. It was not allowed to touch it, and reason I think is because is such fragile with floppy and that some people might not know how to operate it even if given instruction, so yeah, visually available in most store I think, but not physically available to touch it except the clerk who obvious had gotten instructions of how to operate it.  Cheesy

I remember they stored disk under the disk.  Grin As I mean like, they had cardboard boxes with blank yellow floppies under the clerk desk, they just took if someone wanted to buy one, and then they ask what game and such, and they write it to you, put the label and case (might have been in the case from beginning, not remember sorry), and then it was finished.

However, later I remember in LAWSON they had Game Boy and SFC ATM, and that was manually operate by customer. It looked very similar to normal ATM. But that's totally another story eheheh.
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #827 on: July 24, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »

Nintendo unfortunately do destroy internal / development type items.  

To date I have not seen any record online of a GB Micro debug / capture kit for example, and I have seen a whole room of them return to be disposed of.  Sad
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:26:11 PM by L___E___T » Logged

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #828 on: July 25, 2018, 05:23:05 AM »

That's too bad, although it's understandable. I'd hope they at least save some copies for documenting reasons. The Nintendo Playstation prototype was supposedly allowed to exist because it was modified to not to work.

In my local Toy/Game shop the Kiosks were located just behind disk counter. If wanted re-write, submit score or such, just tell clerk which one, and they did it manually for you. It was not allowed to touch it, and reason I think is because is such fragile with floppy and that some people might not know how to operate it even if given instruction, so yeah, visually available in most store I think, but not physically available to touch it except the clerk who obvious had gotten instructions of how to operate it.  Cheesy

I remember they stored disk under the disk.  Grin As I mean like, they had cardboard boxes with blank yellow floppies under the clerk desk, they just took if someone wanted to buy one, and then they ask what game and such, and they write it to you, put the label and case (might have been in the case from beginning, not remember sorry), and then it was finished.

However, later I remember in LAWSON they had Game Boy and SFC ATM, and that was manually operate by customer. It looked very similar to normal ATM. But that's totally another story eheheh.
That's how I imagined it, thanks for confirming! The Game Boy and SFC ATM was Nintendo Power kiosks I guess. So these were user operable.

nensondubois
Sharp C1

???

« Reply #829 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:12 PM »

Since it is mostly NES, I''l post it here.
Back from the convention. I picked up NES Qix fpr 15 Klax for 5 and Cool Boarders 2 for 3.

nensondubois
Sharp C1

???

« Reply #830 on: August 17, 2018, 03:30:38 AM »

https://twitter.com/nensondubois_/status/1030254612228526080
#Mspacman #Tengen #NES complete in box with the NES advantage pamphlet and Tengen business card for 5.99. Wakka wakka!

iStreet
Disk System
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #831 on: September 25, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »

Behold.... A heavy weight champion, 100000 knockouts , a 100000 koopa's killed and another 100000 ducks shot in the past, it is the one and onlyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... Famicombox hotel system! :wub:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiRCWoM_ozo[/youtube]

I always downshift near a hybrid, so they can hear me hurt the environment...
togemet2
Disk System
Netherlands Netherlands

HVC-001

« Reply #832 on: September 25, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »

Congratulations. Have fun whilst shooting Wild Gunmen!
nensondubois
Sharp C1

???

« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2018, 08:05:30 PM »

I would love a FamicomBox but I have no room for one. I have some carts though. Speaking of carts, I feel like I the label sunfading is because employees left the units facing the window and people who used the rooms would leave the sun hitting the carts causing them to fade. Huh, not really a bright idea. POW

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: