Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2018, 02:50:40 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Finds (NES)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] Print
Author Topic: Finds (NES)  (Read 331884 times)
UglyJoe
Administrator
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #765 on: November 26, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »

The article about the voltage issue is here: https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

The short version is: avoid new multicarts like the plague; use an Everdrive N8 instead.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #766 on: November 26, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »

Yes and even some of the Everdrives are bad as well, thankfully not the N8 though.

Isn't that one of those boards that's said to not handle 3.3 V to 5 V translation properly and may damage your Famicom?
I don't know! But I need to know, and how to fix it if possible, I just got this cart and I don't want to do damage.
https://imgur.com/a/NManR
https://imgur.com/a/9Jg76
Looks like it's using the same flash chip as one of the bad examples in the above linked article (MXIC 29GL256E which are rated for 3.6 V max), and only diodes on the power pin. Also I think someone posted a picture of the Mind Kids board before and it was determined to be one of the bad ones.

jpx72
Sharp C1
Slovakia Slovakia

jpx72web.blogspot.sk

« Reply #767 on: November 26, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »

Jesus... thank you guys and sorry for misleading this topic elsewhere. Anyway big thanks for the link, very good reading.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #768 on: November 26, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »

I'm a little worried if my Game Boy Everdrive is also badly designed considering many Everdrives are according to the article. If Everdrives are killing our old machines faster than normal, it's not a good thing at all considering how popular Everdrives are.

keiffer01
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »

Wow, long time since I last wrote anything here! I still collect for NES, and today I bought myself something really nice, thought I'd show you guys first! I got it from a local video game store, he had it up on ebay for a while. I couldn't stand it anymore and bit the bullet. Still didn't get it for cheap at all, but I just couldn't help myself.

https://imgur.com/a/o1OwI

It's a legit USA / Canadian version which is extremely rare. You can find the Pal region ones more easily, but I personally never saw this US box, and the box looks very nice and clean! People seem quite focused with getting the NTSC variant of Stadium Events, but forget that this boxed US Family Fun Fitness pad is also very important!...Well, to me anyways! Grin
Retrospectives
Disk System

« Reply #770 on: March 05, 2018, 03:52:44 AM »

Nice find! It's certainly a rare find since it was more or less intended to be played with Stadium Events. So now is your chance, Tokyo Olympic starts in less than two years, time to get FIT!!!  Cool Just kidding, congratulations on a nice find!  Smiley
keiffer01
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #771 on: March 05, 2018, 02:16:07 PM »

Thanks! Smiley I played with it yesterday and it sure does give a sweat, might make me more fit before the deadline! Grin

I just don't get why these are still passing under the radar and don't seem to command higher prices yet. You look on ebay or other sites and will find quite a few Stadium Events. When you look for the North American Family Fun Fitness pad in either listings for sale and past sold listings, it's almost impossible to find! I believe people have yet to realise that these are incredibly rare and important for the Stadium Events set (same goes for boxed Family Fun Fitness Athletic World, although Imo more common). If you find one boxed in the wild for cheap, I suggest you guys to pick it up before it's too late! Shocked
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:27:09 PM by keiffer01 » Logged
togemet2
Disk System
Netherlands Netherlands

HVC-001

« Reply #772 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:50 AM »

Wow, long time since I last wrote anything here! I still collect for NES, and today I bought myself something really nice, thought I'd show you guys first! I got it from a local video game store, he had it up on ebay for a while. I couldn't stand it anymore and bit the bullet. Still didn't get it for cheap at all, but I just couldn't help myself.

https://imgur.com/a/o1OwI

It's a legit USA / Canadian version which is extremely rare. You can find the Pal region ones more easily, but I personally never saw this US box, and the box looks very nice and clean! People seem quite focused with getting the NTSC variant of Stadium Events, but forget that this boxed US Family Fun Fitness pad is also very important!...Well, to me anyways! Grin

Wow. Amazing...Hopefully I get my hands on one some day.  Shocked
keiffer01
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #773 on: March 09, 2018, 10:24:29 AM »

If you are quick enough you can still maybe find one cheaply online, saw a past auction on ebay US and the lucky guy got it for only 100$ US! Roll Eyes People who know nothing about it (that's most) maybe won't notice the difference with the PAL region boxes and sell it to you at the same prices as those. To spot the american version easily, it has the Bandai logo in the top left, and has a missing gameplay "screen" in the bottom left that says this is for PAL region systems.
togemet2
Disk System
Netherlands Netherlands

HVC-001

« Reply #774 on: March 09, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »

If you are quick enough you can still maybe find one cheaply online, saw a past auction on ebay US and the lucky guy got it for only 100$ US! Roll Eyes People who know nothing about it (that's most) maybe won't notice the difference with the PAL region boxes and sell it to you at the same prices as those. To spot the american version easily, it has the Bandai logo in the top left, and has a missing gameplay "screen" in the bottom left that says this is for PAL region systems.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep an eye out!
keiffer01
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »

I just found one on ebay! Box is rough but it is the american version! Shocked
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Family-Fun-Fitness-Pad-Boxed-With-Sealed-Athletic-World-Nintendo-NES/142714478313?hash=item213a721ee9:g:CCoAAOSwR21Z0X~c
Finfami
Famicom

« Reply #776 on: May 20, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »

I bought a NES -clone labeled "Family Computer System" recently, paid 17 incl. shipping. It came with two controllers and light gun. Front-loading system but not the same unreliable as in genuine NES. There has been discussion about it before on this forum and pictures, mine seems to have bit different revision of cpu and ppu.

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=3015.msg46494#msg46494
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #777 on: June 18, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »

Did you guys see this?  They're back in stock... 

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-classic-mini/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system.list?search=nes

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Retrospectives
Disk System

« Reply #778 on: June 23, 2018, 02:36:14 AM »

Yeah, the Famicom Mini (the original mini not only the jump gold version) is also going to comeback. Around 5500 JPY if i remember correctly from store. Starman Biggest dissapointment is Famicom classic mini has hardwired controller although there is way around it by connecting an extension cable as the "hardwired" one and then just use whatever controller with Wii connector.

Often in west gamer say "Japan get always the best stuff" but in this case is opposite. The NES mini is superior in design to Famicom mini.  Cheesy
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »

Yeah unless you want the Famicom Classic Controller. And the NES Mini has the second controller sold separately, which was a cheap move considering the original NES came with two controllers. On the other hand SFC/SNES classic comes with two controllers with plugs in all regions.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: