April 28, 2024, 05:14:06 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic_Lotus

2 Hours of Chrono Trigger on the VC today. 

nintendodork

Pokemon Black 2.  I'm actually very surprised at how different it is from Black 1.  I'm very happy with it. :)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

JohnnyBlaze

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 22, 2012, 11:24:47 pm
The demo for Thearhythm Final Fantasy. I have the game on order, but it's currently out of stock. I can't WAIT until it gets here! It IS addictive!

IT FINALLY CAME! True to my words, that's what I've been playing. Also, Pokemon White Version 2 and Doom 3 BFG Edition.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

Slayter

Currently playing MEGAMAN ZERO for the GBA.

This game is one of the smoothest playing action games I have ever experienced but I had to give up; the boss battles are really hard and you run out of lives fast.
I'm now playing it on an emulator so I can cheat.
What I'm wondering though; is it just me that sucks or is it difficult for everyone?
I don't doubt my skills since I have beaten MegaMan 1-7 but MegaMan Zero just made me feel ashamed of myself  :-\

manuel

Mario's Picross (GB) on the 3DS

Algo Fonix

Final Fantasy VI on the Super Famicom. I always seem to come back to this one...

P

Quote from: Slayter on October 22, 2012, 11:52:00 am
What I'm wondering though; is it just me that sucks or is it difficult for everyone?
I don't doubt my skills since I have beaten MegaMan 1-7 but MegaMan Zero just made me feel ashamed of myself  :-\

It is difficult indeed! Much more than any of the other Megaman series. But isn't it boring if you use cheats? The difficulty feels overwhelming at first but it gets easier as you get used to the game.

Just play the bosses over and over again until you learn their patterns and when you know that you can beat them and are short on lives just reload your save file and then beat him in one go. Don't save if you are short on lives or it will be harder to do the same thing on later bosses. It's definitely beatable but I had to sacrifice a cyber elf or two to make a subtank and more energy.

Epic_Lotus

Chrono Trigger done, now moving on to the original Legend of Zelda.   :)

Slayter

Quote from: P on October 23, 2012, 02:51:49 pm

It is difficult indeed! Much more than any of the other Megaman series. But isn't it boring if you use cheats? The difficulty feels overwhelming at first but it gets easier as you get used to the game.

Just play the bosses over and over again until you learn their patterns and when you know that you can beat them and are short on lives just reload your save file and then beat him in one go. Don't save if you are short on lives or it will be harder to do the same thing on later bosses. It's definitely beatable but I had to sacrifice a cyber elf or two to make a subtank and more energy.

You're right - that is how I should be playing it but every time you reload the save file you have to play through the stage again from the beginning to get back to the boss and that is not cool. If I could save right before the boss I would gladly play fair.

But it is definitely still fun. On the emu I can save state at the start of the boss battle and I only reload the state when I die, so I still have to legitimately learn the patterns and attacks in order to beat them. So the emu fixes the only problem I have and makes me really appreciate how great it is.

P

Quote from: Slayter on October 24, 2012, 05:51:11 am

You're right - that is how I should be playing it but every time you reload the save file you have to play through the stage again from the beginning to get back to the boss and that is not cool. If I could save right before the boss I would gladly play fair.

But it is definitely still fun. On the emu I can save state at the start of the boss battle and I only reload the state when I die, so I still have to legitimately learn the patterns and attacks in order to beat them. So the emu fixes the only problem I have and makes me really appreciate how great it is.

Yeah you kind of have to learn the stage as well but that is usually easier than learning the boss' pattern at least.
But it's good that you have such good self-discipline! If I'm able to cheat I eventually tend to breach the restrictions that I set on myself and use it a lot more than I meant to. Especially when the game gets harder such as near the end.

DerZocker

Mega Man Legends
I did some side-quests and obtained the Shining-Laser and the Omni-Unit Omega. Still want to do some weapon upgrades and quests I probably missed before I finally kick Juno's ass

Slayter

Quote from: P on October 24, 2012, 07:37:48 am
Quote from: Slayter on October 24, 2012, 05:51:11 am

Yeah you kind of have to learn the stage as well but that is usually easier than learning the boss' pattern at least.
But it's good that you have such good self-discipline! If I'm able to cheat I eventually tend to breach the restrictions that I set on myself and use it a lot more than I meant to. Especially when the game gets harder such as near the end.

I finished it yesterday and I'm sad to say that I had to cheat more than usual on the finial boss battle. It was ridiculous!

Algo Fonix

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. I like to pick this up from time to time. Play through a season and then set it down for a while. I've been playing it pretty much since it came out, haha.

ulera

Skyrim. Annoyingly I can't seem to interact with anything because it keeps saying "Cannot use while in combat" despite the 100% tranquil environment,