April 28, 2024, 08:58:11 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zycrow

Quote from: chowder on July 21, 2015, 04:43:13 am
Been playing Challenger, Milk & Nuts and Popeye.  Some of the early Famicom stuff is really addictive.

Love the early FC stuff.

Well done on Ninja Gaiden, protoman. Finishing that game is still a goal for me.

I've been playing Arkista's Ring for NES, which was a favorite of mine as a kid. One of those odd games that was developed in Japan and has a very Japanese feel but was only released in the US. I love the game, but I wouldn't exactly call it a "lost gem" or anything, mostly since the game is quite brief and you have to clear it four times in a row to get the actual ending (the difficulty increases with each loop).

I currently have the game paused on loop 3. :)
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

NintendoKing

Bound High! on Virtual Boy!

Protoman

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on July 21, 2015, 09:28:28 pm
Bound High! on Virtual Boy!

Celebrating the VB's 20th birthday in style I see!

NintendoKing

Yes! Exactly right, I figured it was the perfect time for which to do so. :)

L___E___T

Had a whale of a time last night playing Super Street Fighter II X arcade with my fiancé

I've dreamed of being able to play that particular game for years and it was very special to play a few rounds with her, especially as she helped me get it.

Famicom for life yo, but owning and playing real arcade PCBs at home is a particular thrill I hadn't experienced until now.

Then she trounced me on Dr. Mario :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

That is awesome, L___E___T. Who do you favor on ST? Balrog and Guile (to a lesser extent Blanka) are probably my mains in that game. I never got that good at doing Honda's negative-edge Oicho loops.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Issun

July 23, 2015, 09:02:58 am #3966 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:57:27 am by Issun
I had a go on the PAL NES version of Ice Climber, made it to mountain 17 with a score of 586280.

Edit: Made it to mountain 18 with a new top score: 672970

Zycrow

Started playing Borderlands. I tend to be a good half-decade behind the modern stuff ;)

nerdynebraskan

Had a go at my new copy of MUSHA (Genesis). I made it to what I believe was the fourth stage's boss.

@ Zycrow

Arkista's Ring is kind of mediocre, but has... something to it that makes me want to revisit it once in a while. The first loop is probably the most challenging, as the game is pretty easy once you collect all the items.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Issun

Ice climber, Mountain 21, Score: 830620 Getting close to that million.  :)

Zycrow

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on July 23, 2015, 05:30:45 pm
@ Zycrow

Arkista's Ring is kind of mediocre, but has... something to it that makes me want to revisit it once in a while. The first loop is probably the most challenging, as the game is pretty easy once you collect all the items.

Right? It's got a bit of heart. I really like how the different levels tell a story as you progress - you start in a forest, then you progress to a burned-out village, then through a volcano. But yeah the game loses its challenge once you collect every item. The only part that caused me issue at that point was the next-to-last stage with all the master ninjas.

And now...

SHATTERHAND. God damn, did I love this game. Awesome presentation, music, level design, and difficulty curve. A+ all around, Natsume.

Protoman

QuoteSHATTERHAND. God damn, did I love this game. Awesome presentation, music, level design, and difficulty curve. A+ all around, Natsume.

I used to have Solbrain but sold it out of frustration with the game, a mistake in retrospect!

But I can think of something negative about it. When you die it takes like 10 seconds of you laying on the ground and the music toning down before you can actually restart, that gets very aggravating.

Nightstar699

No-death run of Revenge of Shinobi, complete. This is one I've been attempting for a long, LONG time now.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Issun

I had two really great runs on Ice Climber (PAL NES) today, with a top score of 938340. I'm also getting good at the bonus rounds, didn't miss a single one on the last run.

Zycrow

Quote from: Protoman on July 26, 2015, 12:49:39 am
QuoteSHATTERHAND. God damn, did I love this game. Awesome presentation, music, level design, and difficulty curve. A+ all around, Natsume.

I used to have Solbrain but sold it out of frustration with the game, a mistake in retrospect!

But I can think of something negative about it. When you die it takes like 10 seconds of you laying on the ground and the music toning down before you can actually restart, that gets very aggravating.

Simple solution, don't die  ;D

But yeah that was an annoying bit, especially if you're in an already frustrating stage.