Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreatgonzo

Dance, puppets... dance!

Flash1087

Quote from: nurd on July 05, 2008, 11:11:10 pm
Cool.

How'd you get that?

Met him at a local comic book convention, he was a really nice guy.

Speaking of Metal Gear, in order to get ready for my hopefully soon purchase of MGS4, I'm replaying MGS3: Subsistance because of the different camera. I can't go back to the old one now.

FamicomFreak

Mario 8 and Crystalis(GBC)
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nurd

Quote from: Flash1087 on July 07, 2008, 12:44:14 am
I'm replaying MGS3: Subsistance because of the different camera. I can't go back to the old one now.

I've never played Subsistance, only the normal MGS3.

What's different about the camera? Is it inverted?

I like inverted. :D

Flash1087

Subsistance adds a very Splinter Cell-type of camera where you can pan it 360 degrees around Snake. Makes navigation and looking out for enemies worlds easier. And yes, it can be inverted.

nurd

Cool. :P

In MGS3, (have not played in forever) I'm stuck trying to kill Boss at the end.

Problem is, I saved during the battle, and I have no bullets for any guns. I wasted them all in the forest before it. :(

djdac

UglyJoe

Smash TV, Street Fighter II, Police Trainer, Ms Pac Man.  Hooray for arcades!  (They also had Mercs, The Simpsons, TMNT, and the totally awesome 6-player 2-monitor X-Men).

Flash1087

Just finished Snake Eater today, and since I'm replaying all the Metal Gear Solid games chronologically, it's time for MGS1: Integral!

Kuvio

I say, the torture sequence in MGS1 almost made me break my controller. I did not give up though! I got the better ending because of it too.

nurd

Quote from: Kuvio on July 15, 2008, 12:58:29 am
I say, the torture sequence in MGS1 almost made me break my controller.

Not to be a dick, but I didn't think it was that hard. xD

I'm playing through again so I can get Camo.

I wish you could use the Bandana and Camo at the same time. :(

Flash1087

Yeah, I had that problem too. I was 10 the first time I beat MGS1, so I just gave up and got the Otacon ending. Never happened again, though.

Speaking of which, I officially began MGS1 again today. It still amazes me, even if it's a bit limited compared to 3.

Kuvio

Quote from: nurd on July 15, 2008, 05:25:25 pm
Quote from: Kuvio on July 15, 2008, 12:58:29 am
I say, the torture sequence in MGS1 almost made me break my controller.

Not to be a dick, but I didn't think it was that hard. xD

Are you playing the PS1 version, or Twin Snakes for Gamecube? If it's for Gamecube, that part is a helluva lot easier.

nurd

NintendoKing

Death Crimson OX for Dreamcast