March 29, 2024, 06:00:43 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Protoman

Kirby: Canvas Curse for DS.  I rediscovered this game Friday night and played it for the first time since 2007.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

nintendodork

F-Zero X (N64) 

This is honestly the best racing game I think I've ever played.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Blue Protoman

Quote from: nintendodork on May 10, 2009, 12:11:13 pm
F-Zero X (N64) 

This is honestly the best racing game I think I've ever played.

Welcome to the club!  Your free hat is over there.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

Medisinyl

/\  I'll have to buy it for sure (F-Zero 64).  I loved the SNES game as a kid, but haven't played that in ages either.  I've never played the N64 game.

I'm currently at the 7th dark world dungeon of the SNES Zelda--I'd never played the whole game before.  And despite the rave reviews the game gets and how often I see it referred to as the best Zelda, it is no where near as good as the first two on the NES.  I have enjoyed the game, and it is certainly good, but it seems like a very childish version of Zelda 1.  The Rupees seem to serve no purpose as I am always pretty much maxed out (the place you can get more bombs and arrows helps knock the total down, but they might as well give everything for free).  The "secrets" in the game are all "hidden" with obvious signs that they are there--that is pointless.  In the original, having lots of bombs was a big deal so that you could try them on every spot possible in the game to "discover" secrets--same with the flame and the value of the endless flame to try every bush/tree, etc (and same with the recorder too). They really might as well not have bombs in this game since there is always an excess and the bomb points are obvious.  And the biggest issue is that I don't need to pay any attention to my life meter, since everything is so tame--I am shocked everytime I beat a boss since I felt the battle didn't even get started--the Byrna cane/staff that makes you invulnerable gives you more than enough time to kill a boss without fear of getting hurt (wtf).  There are several other issues, but this is already long enough.

Ultimately, my favorite is Zelda II, which seems to be an unpopular favorite (I've played OoT too, which many note as their favorite, but it doesn't come close either).  

FamicomFreak

I played Azure Dreams for the psx the other day.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

zombiepowder

Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (Intel Mac)

camera's the only annoying thing, other than that the controls are great
OBEY GIANT
巨人を靡く。
Submit to Mugen
ムゲンを屈伏。

manuel

Medisinyl

I just beat the SNES Zelda game.  The ending to that game is terrible--I considered shutting it off when the "essence of the triforce" started talking about things that were already mentioned at least 10 times in the game already (literally over 10 times).  Though I like aftermath endings where it showed how the other characters ended up, but the long scrolling was unnecessary.  I'll be selling this game. 

Otherwise, I traded in some DVDs at Play'n'Trade for F-Zero X today, so I'll get a chance to try that out eventually.  Hopefully it's as good as dork says it is...

FamicomFreak

Ah you can trade in DVDs for credit at play n trade? Man I have a bunch I don't want to keep that I'll be getting rid of soon!

nintendodork

Quote from: Medisinyl on May 11, 2009, 03:55:04 pm
F-Zero X.  Hopefully it's as good as dork says it is...
It's great.  You'll love it, as long as you liked the first F-Zero, and you like fast paced racing games.  This one is much better than the first one, though.

The last game I played was Halo (PC)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Medisinyl

Quote from: FamicomFreak on May 11, 2009, 07:35:32 pm
Ah you can trade in DVDs for credit at play n trade? Man I have a bunch I don't want to keep that I'll be getting rid of soon!

At the one here they do--they take all the ones that FYE won't give me cash for. 

FamicomFreak

Interesting. I played Fifa 98 for the psx the other day. Man I used to play this game so muchhhhhh!!

djdac

LocalToast

zombiepowder

World of Goo (intel Mac)

funny game.... ;D
OBEY GIANT
巨人を靡く。
Submit to Mugen
ムゲンを屈伏。