April 24, 2024, 11:23:31 am

Last game you played?

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:54:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Gauntlet I ended on console, but it seems like II goes on infinitely.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 29, 2007, 10:11:57 pm
I found the final stage of Strider to be quite the gauntlet; speaking of Gauntlet - is it true that Gauntlet II never ends... I don't have the perseverance to find out.
I was talking about the NES version by the way. The last stage is very easy, once you figure it out.
A Winner Is You.                                             -The FW Québécois

Jedi Master Baiter

Yes, the NES - I went through the whole stage to be cheaply killed by that person before the final boss a few times, then I beat him by standing in the corner & charging up the Cipher.

JC

Medal of Honor (Wii). Terrible graphics, but I kicked my little bro's ass at death match, so it was cool. :) But his friend kicked mine. :-\

Flash1087

You liked it? I couldn't get past the abysmal aiming. Did you try CoD3 on Wii?

JC

I haven't tried that one.

I found Medal of Honor to be poorly executed overall -- graphics, extent of levels, usefulness of weapons -- but I thoroughly enjoyed the controls, though a bit difficult to get used to. Once I steadied my aim, I kicked ass. 8) My little bro's a pro at the Halos, so this win provides me with a rare opportunity to rub it in. ;D

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 30, 2007, 11:23:26 pm
Yes, the NES - I went through the whole stage to be cheaply killed by that person before the final boss a few times, then I beat him by standing in the corner & charging up the Cipher.
Exactly... He attacks you like a fucking madman all the time, but when you charge up the Cypher, he just stands right in front of you like a dumbass...

Oh, and I've bought Pro Wrestling! Finally!!!

A winner is fucking me... But, for some reason, when I win, the game says "Winner is You" with no "A"... I guess some cartridges are different.
A Winner Is You.                                             -The FW Québécois

Flash1087

Quote from: JC on May 02, 2007, 11:44:22 pm
I haven't tried that one.

I found Medal of Honor to be poorly executed overall -- graphics, extent of levels, usefulness of weapons -- but I thoroughly enjoyed the controls, though a bit difficult to get used to. Once I steadied my aim, I kicked ass. 8) My little bro's a pro at the Halos, so this win provides me with a rare opportunity to rub it in. ;D

Really? I'm impressed. Maybe it's just me, but I felt the aiming was horrifically stiff, and the turning box is too damn big.

JC

You've gotta keep me in perspective. I don't usually play anything other than NES/Famicom, so my perspective is skewed. But, yeah...I love the Wii's controls. They're always very fun.

Flash1087

Oh yeah. I dabbled about with the Wii Spider-Man 3 today, and although it's graphically pretty bad (horrid framerate) the controls are a lot of fun when you get the hang of it.

Get it? Hang? Like...from a web? See what I did there?  ;D

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Flash1087 on May 05, 2007, 12:24:16 am
Get it? Hang? Like...from a web? See what I did there?  ;D

Awesome! :)

Flash1087

Thank you, thank you. I'm terribly punny.

Anyway, my last game was Batman Returns on SNES. I just rewatched the movie and felt like I had to go beat up on some clowns myself.

FamicomFreak

grandia 3 . I'm almost done with it!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

TheSSNintendo

Quote from: Flash1087 on May 05, 2007, 11:24:11 pm

Anyway, my last game was Batman Returns on SNES. I just rewatched the movie and felt like I had to go beat up on some clowns myself.

Good game. I've gotten up to the point where I either faced Catwoman, or the tag team of Catwoman and Penguin.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Flash1087 on May 05, 2007, 11:24:11 pm

Awesome movie & awesome game! I think... ??? I've only played the NES version, the SNES has some differences (in the good), right?