NES Powerpak vs (any famicom flash cart)

Started by sconley666, March 17, 2013, 02:31:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

evilsim

a litte off-topic, but a flash-type-cart none-the-less. I bought myself a fdstick and now get to enjoy reliable FDS gameplay along with the great extra synthesized audio via the 2C33 chip.  :D

tonight I fired up my edn8 and ran zelda1 fds rom (which I dumped myself using my fdstick  ;D and handmade cable (multiAV to multiAV plug)) and listened to the ed's attempt at doing what the 2C33 does with ease. quite a few of the sounds were rather off , mostly the beam sword and when you are hit by an enemy also the sounds the boss's made eg manhandla and the evil gleeok ( i only played dungeon 3 then 4). i am surprised at the great job Krikzz did with a lot of the other fds sounds via the edn8, some are very genuine sounding like picking up a key, but mostly it just makes me want to plug back in my fdstick and keep playing. savestates dont work for fds games too.

anyway - nothing beats the real thing - or the emulated real thing via the fdstick.  :fire: :link: :fire:

i have read the powerpak does emulate the 2C33 chip too, can someone shed some light on how that sounds in zelda1 ?? (compared to true fds hardware)

chowder