March 28, 2024, 01:45:38 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 20, 2009, 09:22:36 pm
M.U.S.H.A...action 52 for nes for just under 100 dollars.
Nice!  How much was M.U.S.H.A?  It's supposed to be pretty rare, isn't it?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Nightstar699

Yea Musha is rare, but it came wit the genesis, 15 bucks. I already had a genesis, but i got some sweet games!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jollie

look what i happened to find today. :D one problem the kid i was supposed to buy the genny 3 shinobi and alien syndrome from wasnt there so next friday. NOT IN PIC: Choplifter SMS CIB, and Afterburner SMS CIB.
Great Fox will cover you.

keiffer01

Wow freakin' sweet finds! :o Where the heck did you find all that? :P

Jollie

Green Dragon Flea Market in Ephrata, PA outside of Lancaster, PA.  They have it every friday.

nurd

The mario kart reminds me of all of the times I was outbid on Mario Photopi. D:

FamicomFreak

Wow awesome stuff man. I love the mario box thing!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jollie

Star Wars Arcade 32X
Outrunners -Genesis
Hang-On/Safari Hunt SMS
NES Satellite

Nightstar699

Just bought spiderman for genesis at a little store for only 3 dollars!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

b1aCkDeA7h

So I woke up today and was perusing one of the Free Criagslists around my region when I came across a fifteen minute old post that said something along the lines of "NES and SNES" in the title. Not too old, cool. Usually by the time I click them and email and stuff, they're gone or I email back and forth and don't end up with free video game stuff.

It didn't have a location listed but I knew the general area would be at least an hour's drive for me. The listing said that the person was cleaning out their house when they came across their NES, SNES, 2 SNES controllers, 7 SNES games, but no adapters or AV cables so they weren't tested. The post said that the stuff would be thrown out by the 1st and the classic game preservationist inside me, coupled with the fact that the post was quite fresh, pushed me to email the poster and in a gamble, I left my phone number.

I got a call about five or ten minutes later and when I found out where the stuff was, I was right, give or take about an hour plus change away. I told the person on the phone that I could be there at noon, but that was a problem so we scheduled a pickup for later in the evening. Since I had basically just woken up, it slipped my mind to ask what games were in the lot and forgot to ask if the person could hold it for me.

Right before I left to pick the stuff up, I noticed the post was gone. I had a nagging feeling that the person may have given the stuff away but I was feeling zealous and decided to not call and leave to pick up the stuff anyway. About twenty minutes from the location, I called to remind the person I was coming. Voice mail...

...crap...

I kept driving though but right as I contemplated turning around, I got a call confirming that the stuff was still there. After getting off the phone, I breathed a collective sigh of relief from all the gambles I took so far.

As I knocked on the door, I wasn't expecting much. Bring on the busted systems and sports games!

The person invited me in and directed me to a near empty milk crate with the stuff sprawled around it. It was clear that the person was prepping to move or something. As I looked at the NES and SNES, they were pretty dirty. Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have been so impulsive.

The person then handed me the stack of games, the ones I notice immediately were a black cartridge and one with a rather plain looking green forest label with yellow title text.

I kept a straight poker face and started to hurriedly put the stuff in a bag because I knew I had already done well. Somewhere along the line, a Game Gear was produced and offered to me so I took that as well. I helped the person root through the various AC Adapters and found mostly phone chargers so nothing that I could actually use. They had indeed misplaced the AV Cables and AC Adapters. I thanked the person and took the stuff to my car.

After I popped open my trunk, I decided to take a closer look at the cartridges. Here's the contents of my epic find:

- A dirty SNES
- A dirty SNES controller
- An InterAct SNES Pad
- A used and dusty NES
- A black Game Gear with a missing battery cover
- Itchy and Scratchy for the Game Gear
- Super Columns for the Game Gear
- Sim City for the SNES (as are the rest of the games I'm listing)
- Killer Instinct
- Super Punch Out
- Super Mario Kart
- Secret of Evermore
- TWO Secret of Mana (the gem I spotted immediately)
- Chrono Trigger

I drove like mad back home and cleaned and tested the SNES games with a buddy of mine. They all work and they have saves at various points in each of the respective games.

Un-freaking believable. Apparently, there's merit to impulsive decision making. Not only did I just get a pile of awesome stuff for free for my collection, I just saved a whole lot from the fate of the dumpster. The systems still need to be cleaned and tested but for obvious reasons, I'm not going to be bummed if they don't work.

What a find and what an adventure.

manuel

That's what I really call a find.
A very nice find.

Rob64

August 28, 2009, 05:02:25 am #1271 Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:47:23 am by Rob64
Really nice find, now my turn.

I found a craigslist ad for my area that had someone getting rid of a 1981 Philco Color Television with bunny ears and the manual. We emailed each other before, and told him that I wanted it to play old consoles on a tv like that, and he told me he remembers getting it to work with the atari.

That's an even better sign for me. I know it works, and it can be hooked up. I eventually showed up with my brother to pick it up, and it looked better than what the picture had, it was the tv I was looking for and he was giving it away for free.

Upon closer inspection and a couple of posts here, I found out I need an adaptor to connect my old stuff. It's worth it for this tv.

The tv is the classic wood frame and dials for the channel.

Update: I finished hooking up the tv and it works great.
Now you're playing with Power

FamicomFreak

That is very epic. Congrats!

FamicomFreak

har har found a pirate gameboy cart at my local thrift store. It has 100 games no repeats! Lots of fun in this one! It cost me 1.95.

I also got other stuff. Genesis games and game gear game were 95 cents each while the ps1 controller was 1.95. har har har

awaa!

nurd

I like the gameboy game.