March 29, 2024, 07:05:16 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Power joys vary with different games sire.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

I picked up DeadRising and The Orange Box both on the 360 for $20 a piece yesterday.  I really like both of them.  I recommend them to anyone who has a 360.  DeadRising is cool because you have to accept that you won't, no matter how good at the game you are, will not be able to everything the game has to offer in the 72 hour time period you have in the mall.  You also only have one save slot so you can't mess up unless you want to start from your really weird save point again, and you also have to choose which survivors to kill and which ones to save, because some are nice, but most are evil.  My favorite games on the Orange Box are Portal and HL2.  I haven't played any of the episodes yet because I'm waiting until I complete HL2.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Cam3ron@FW

Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

Nightstar699

Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB)
Godzilla (GB)
Ghouls n Ghosts (Genesis)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

133MHz

June 01, 2010, 02:09:48 pm #1804 Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:31:31 pm by 133MHz
Really dirty MKII pirate for a couple of bucks. I'm mainly interested in the SFC type cart shell.

EDIT: Internal board picture:

Notice the lockout chip clone disguised as a 74C811 (a non existent member of the 74 TTL series chips, basically they pulled that number out of their ass).

EDIT 2: Just tried it out. It's got red blood so I presume this is the (U) version of the game.

tankexmortis

I got five packages today! Always a nice surprise! Okay, so I'd been tracking four of them online so it wasn't exactly a surprise, but still. The first package was a Radio Shack AC adapter that I got for a lot cheaper than dumb ol' Radio Shack sells it. Need to buy the plug to fit my Twin Fami, but it's good to have it. As for the rest, well:

Yes, that is a Microvision on the right. Yes, it works. Yes, I am freaking ecstatic about it (especially for the price I got it at). I probably should have taken a picture before I made it all ugly with the static shield, but I was too eager to play a game. To no great surprise, the games kind of suck, but this is a piece of gaming history and I am overjoyed to own it. Now I just need to come up with a way to protect it from the destroying rays of the sun and humidity. Maybe a big insulated lunchbox...

Also, take a look at this thing I stumbled across while messing with my Super Joy:

Is that Bomberman in Lode Runner? Are there going to be a lot of weird things like that? This is my first multicart so I don't really know what to expect. I did find out last night while trying to play Contra with a friend that an Atari 7800 controller hooked to the system has the ability to cause major graphics glitches in certain games when you press the left button (I don't have the second controller that came with the Super Joy). Try it out if you've got the controller and a Super Joy. The first-party Genesis controllers do nothing except shoot in Contra, but you shoot by pressing down on the d-pad. I want to get my hands on the other controllers that use that connector now so I can see what else I can make this stuff do.

Jedi Master Baiter

Spoiler
Lode Runner is Bomberman
[close]

I haven't played Lode Runner yet, though - but it's coming up on my list.

Cam3ron@FW

Not my picture but I figured I'd buy this 90's classic back since I lost my old CD.  The guides and the expansion pack don't hurt either :D  Now if I could only find Red alert and AoE II somewhere...
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

FamicomFreak

Awesome glad the games arrived safely.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

133MHz

A few days ago I saw a Sega Pico system at a thrift store for $12. I didn't pick it up because I'm not into collecting rare Sega stuff, and I couldn't justify spending $12 on it when I've got more interesting stuff in mind. Today I went to the same place and there it was, but this time it had a sticker that said "Not working, $5". I'm always in for an electronics challenge, especially if it's cheap or free, so this time I picked it up. Repairing all kinds of electronics crap is one of my favorite pastimes, sometimes I enjoy it more than actually using the damn things. ::)

The lady at the checkout asked me "Did you notice that it's not working?" to which I replied "Yes, I do." :P
Before busting it open I decided to plug it in and see whether it gave any signs of life. And to my disappointment, it worked perfectly! It came with a 101 Dalmatians math game on it and I can't seem to find any flaws.

Guess I'm the only one who complains about buying broken stuff which isn't actually broken! ::)

tankexmortis

Just got the "adaptaplug" for my AC adapter and tried out the Twin Famicom with the aid of an NES to Famicom adapter (bought from michaelthegreat) and the copy of Star Wars above. It works perfectly. I'm overjoyed to say the least, I've been trying to get something to play my NES stuff for months. First I ordered an NES-2 which never came, then I got the Twin Fami but it had no cords or converter, then I got a Yobo that wouldn't work because I'm an idiot, then I had further idiocy-derived problems with the Twin Famicom. Now, finally, I can play these things on a real licensed Nintendo product. This is a wonderful day indeed.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: 133MHz on June 04, 2010, 06:22:31 pm
Guess I'm the only one who complains about buying broken stuff which isn't actually broken! ::)

You should return it. :P

That's weird, though - did it come with all the connectors?  If so, did you use the connectors it came with?

nintendodork

Are Picos rare or something?  We've got one sitting in our basement from when my sister was a kid.

Yesterday, I got this in the mail!

Thanks VGthing!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

tankexmortis

I think I've seen a Pico or two at thrift stores before. I don't think they're all that rare, but I could be wrong.

UglyJoe

Wah.  I really have to get around to attempting to fix the Vectrex my friend gave me.  The CRT scares me, though.