March 29, 2024, 03:53:25 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 07, 2012, 07:27:30 pm
Quote from: stealthlurker on September 04, 2012, 11:11:46 pm
A big haul of stuff came in last week...

Where'd you get those cart repros and are the Famicom or NES format? Also, seeing your laserdiscs, there is a channel on YouTube that puts up old videos and laserdiscs like that called RetroRealityGaming. I'm sure they'd be interested if you can convert them to a video file or something.....

I got them from Yahoo Japan auctions. They're famicom format.

Oh I know the guy who does the Retro Reality channel. He's even made custom posters for me before.

JohnnyBlaze

Cool! Next time you talk to him, be sure to send him my thanks for an awesome channel. I'm a VERY happy subscriber of his!
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

stealthlurker

Some stuff that came in the mail yesterday. Aquapazza 2d fighting game for PS3, SCART to BNC RGBs cable and a K1 GBA (arguably the best GBA clone to date thus far). Also swung by Book Off yesterday during lunch and picked up Gundam Musou 2 PS2 and Superlite series Strikers 1945 II for PS1.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/332120-k1-gba-sp/

JohnnyBlaze

Book-Off wouldn't be by any chance related to Hard-Off would it?

stealthlurker

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 08, 2012, 06:02:51 pm

Yup. Unfortunately there's no hard-off here in the states. Also the pickins for "good" import games at book-off here in the states is pretty slim. But it's better than nothing. It's the only brick and mortar left that I know of that sells retro imports. Even the cool import shops in LA's Little Tokyo district have all closed shop.

manuel

Yeah, same company.
There's also Hobby-Off (for hobby items like fishing rods and stuff) and Off-House (I think clothes and the like) and one I don't remember right now...

JohnnyBlaze

September 09, 2012, 06:30:01 am #3111 Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:36:45 am by JohnnyBlaze
Quote from: stealthlurker on September 08, 2012, 07:23:04 pm
Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 08, 2012, 06:02:51 pm

Yup. Unfortunately there's no hard-off here in the states. Also the pickins for "good" import games at book-off here in the states is pretty slim. But it's better than nothing. It's the only brick and mortar left that I know of that sells retro imports. Even the cool import shops in LA's Little Tokyo district have all closed shop..

The only import stores we have in my area are Digital Press in Clifton(mostly PS1 and Saturn imports, but get in Famicom carts once in a blue moon) and Video Games NY on the Upper West Side.

But I DID get a nice find to share:

I bought Doki Doki Panic for $52 complete from my usual source(Game of Japan aka hit-japan on eBay). I was just happy to have a complete copy of the game. I didn't care if the sticker was there or not especially the sticker being rare. So, I thumb through the manual and guess what? The sticker was in the manual! It was used as a bookmark of sorts. So, it was complete complete.

Copies complete with sticker go for $90-100 and I got mine for $52. Awesomeness. I DID take a picture, but I have to see if I can upload it to a photo site. As soon as this damn tooth on mine calms down....

Frank_fjs

Quote from: stealthlurker on September 07, 2012, 01:28:31 pm
Tis a small world indeed! How long have you been on the Reno games group?

Not long, stumbled across it from a friend also being a member.

DerZocker

bought last night. I had this game on a burned disc long enough, but I finally want to have the original.No matter how bad its US boxart may be^^ Also now I have a motivation to get out my PCE Duo again

fredJ

Quote from: JohnnyBlaze on September 09, 2012, 06:30:01 am

The only import stores we have in my area are Digital Press in Clifton(mostly PS1 and Saturn imports, but get in Famicom carts once in a blue moon) and Video Games NY on the Upper West Side.

But I DID get a nice find to share:

I bought Doki Doki Panic for $52 complete from my usual source(Game of Japan aka hit-japan on eBay). I was just happy to have a complete copy of the game. I didn't care if the sticker was there or not especially the sticker being rare. So, I thumb through the manual and guess what? The sticker was in the manual! It was used as a bookmark of sorts. So, it was complete complete.

Copies complete with sticker go for $90-100 and I got mine for $52. Awesomeness. I DID take a picture, but I have to see if I can upload it to a photo site. As soon as this damn tooth on mine calms down....

I hadn't even seen the sticker before. Doki Doki Panic is a bit uncommon to find boxed (not rare, but uncommon). Nice find.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

stealthlurker

Some stuff that came in last week and today...

Hori joystick carrying bag. Big enough for the huge Hori Vewlix stick. Super Famicom laserdisc and SF anniversary w/ megaman lanyard.

Ether Vapor Remaster and latest Shooting Gameside book. . Also some Korean PC games, including a funky MAME pirate looking thing of Esprade (funky novelty I suppose).

Dark Judgement beat'em up

Crayon Shinchan platformer

famiac

Hate you so much right now. I want that vinyl.

son_ov_hades

That's a laserdisc not a record, right?

famiac

I have no idea, looks like a 12"...

manuel

It's a Laserdisc.
Very cool nonetheless.  :o