March 29, 2024, 03:12:47 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Parodius Duh

Awesome score FF, digging that Korean DKC 2!!!!

petik1

Picked up a VMU and a GameShark Pro at Play N Trade.

Algo Fonix

I just got Final Fantasy XIII-2.

stealthlurker

Picked up a 3rd Sony PVM RGB monitor locally for 40 bucks.

Zackcat

today I picked up a Sears' Tele-Game console! For those not familiar with the product, it is an early 2600 that was branded and sold by Sears in the late 70s(6 switcher) and a remodel in 1980 (4 switcher)

Wiki article on the Tele-Game:
Sears Tele-Games 2600s
Early Atari 2600 that was branded "Tele-Games" and sold by Sears

Atari Inc. also continued their OEM relationship with Sears under the latter's Tele-Games brand label, which started in 1975 with the original Pong. Sears released several versions of the 2600 as the Sears Video Arcade series from 1977 to 1983. These include the Rev. A "Heavy Sixer" model in 1977, the Rev. B "4 switch" model in 1980, and the US version of the Atari 2800 branded as the Sears Video Arcade II in 1983

(sorry about the bad quality images. didn't have anything better on hand)

but not just that; I got the probably more rare storage center with it!

now with the lid off!

lift up the console and what do we find...? GAMES!

A closer up of the console (notice the 6 switches)

Even got most of the manuals in good condition to go along with the games!

how much did I pay for all this?

free~

fredJ

I hope it works, and that it's worth something.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Phosphora

Quote from: Zackcat on June 04, 2012, 02:35:57 am
today I picked up a Sears' Tele-Game console!
how much did I pay for all this?

free~

Nice score, I like how the sears versions have that classy looking walnut design on the front. What you have there is a light sixer and not a heavy sixer, but ya' can't complain for free, though! :)

Here's an example of a heavy sixer:

Notice the very thick border around the base and edge of the console. Also these suckers weigh a ton, thus where the terms heavy/light came from.

FamicomFreak

I got some new stuff today!!

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

stealthlurker

Some stuff in the mail today, mainly the complete Macross TV series Blu-ray box set Complete Edition! Pretty pricey for blu-rays, but typical for Japan and I'm a hardcore macross fan.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: stealthlurker on June 05, 2012, 04:46:12 pm
Some stuff in the mail today, mainly the complete Macross TV series Blu-ray box set Complete Edition! Pretty pricey for blu-rays, but typical for Japan and I'm a hardcore macross fan.

Nice score, there! :)  Love me some Macross.

FamicomFreak

June 06, 2012, 11:44:12 am #2965 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:53:11 am by FamicomFreak
Totally awesome Macross stuff!! I just got some DOS items today! I love them!!

Also fixed my game boy ^_^

Post Merge: June 08, 2012, 12:53:11 am

Some new stuff from yesterday!

FamicomFreak

Here is another lot of DOS games. Some duplicates as you can see but I wanted Jill of the Jungle so bad!!!

stealthlurker

Won a second Saturn hss-0130 arcade stick. Now I got 2 of these bad boys. This one's boxed. Best stick for the Saturn (imho)... basically looks like the panel of a SEGA Astro City arcade machine that's been cut off and modded for console.

Parodius Duh

June 16, 2012, 02:00:57 pm #2968 Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:18:29 pm by Parodius Duh
Quote from: stealthlurker on June 05, 2012, 04:46:12 pm

Holy christ! Thats an incredible box set! Better make sure none of the discs are defective, that would suck big time. The cost of Japanese DVD and blu ray is completely retarded and uncalled for . You have all of the best stuff man!!!!

stealthlurker

Quote from: Parodius Duh on June 16, 2012, 02:00:57 pm
Holy christ! Thats an incredible box set! Better make sure none of the discs are defective, that would suck big time. The cost of Japanese DVD and blu ray is completely retarded and uncalled for . You have all of the best stuff man!!!!

Yeah it's nuts how much the Japanese have to pay for CDs, DVDs and Blurays! We're so spoiled here in the West  ;D

Fortunately all the discs appear to work so far.

Thanks!