March 28, 2024, 07:01:07 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

That's some serious cash!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

petik1

Picked up Time Splitters 2, Rayman 3, XBOX Magazine Demo disk, and an 80's TV set for $2.

stealthlurker

September 04, 2012, 11:11:46 pm #3092 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:17:08 pm by stealthlurker
A big haul of stuff came in last week... Been letting these build up at the proxy service warehouse.
Was finally a decent enough amount to issue the shipment request. Saves a little bit on shipping when
I bulk it out a bit.

Some Hudson stuff

Super Mario and Star Soldier records. Always loved the cover art for Star Soldier.

Been wanting the Konami Shooting laserdisc for a while. Also a Street Fighter 2 "history" VHS

SEGA Megadrive promotional laserdisc

Didn't know of the PS2 sequel for the PC-Engine classic on the right

Valis visual chronicle (all the cut scenes) and Valis Complete. Valis Complete is all 4 games for PC and a little statue.

Y's I & II for PC. The box has a cool shape of a book

SF Zero 1 & 2 for my PC game collection

Picked up SS2 for PC out of curiosity. Some of the screenshots looked different from other versions.

Love the SEGA Consumer History book. Covers all console hardware and some games all the way up to Dreamcast.

PC-Engine literature

The failed SuperGrafx accessory

Stylus and printer for PCE

A portable mod? Maybe done before the GT and LT came out...

Another book on SFC games. Also Gameside's tribute to Capcom. Love the Gameside books, especially the ones for shmups.

Reference for titles on the original Gameboy

PC-Engine CD magazines. Each issue comes with a disc with demos and such.

Taito nostalgia TV-game. Comes with Legend of Kage and Gladiator. Bubble Bobble LCD game.

Picked up another PS3 NeoGeo stick. Finally got around to getting Crossed Swords 2.

Been looking for this manual for my Samurai Showdown Pachislot for a long time ...

Filling in some holes in the Wonderswan collection

Some Mark III

Had the Irem double game pack with Hammerin Harry. However wanted the stand alone original release too.
Heard some good things about the Ruroni fighting game. Seems to go for quite a bit on YJ and Ebay.

Some misc stuf been meaning to pick up

Sakigake!! Otokojuku. Interesting looking fighter based on an old anime I used to watch. Art style was a bit
Hokuto no Ken-ish.

Gameboy stuff

Got another TMNT and Rockman 4 (good deal). The SD game (top left) looked like an interesting platformer.

Love the wacky Crayon Shinchan platformers. Also love Battle City. The first famicom game I ever played.

Got another Rockman 2 (good deal). Zeoth looked like a nice action game.

Contras, hard to find boxed.

More action platformers

Parasol Henbee (middle), action platformer much like it's famicom counterpart. Kinda hard to find boxed.

GB Momotaro 1 & 2. Really nice action platformers unlike the crappy board games on other platforms.

Some famicom games been meaning to pick up

The Grandaddy of Saturn joysticks. Now got 2, one boxed.

Finally, so happy together. Castlevania II only available on disk in Japan. Really nice cart repro with
box and instructions.

More high quality cart repros of games only available on disk in Japan or not at al.

from the back ...

The game that gave me the most difficulty in finding. A CIB Yanchamaru Part 1 (Kid Niki 1). Picked up
an extra manual, now to find a box...

Legend of Kage flyer

Frank_fjs

Holy mother of God stealthlurker, that is a sensational haul!

Way too much stuff for me to comment on in depth, but am loving the Hudson gear plus the Sega and PC Engine reading material. I've actually seen some of those PCE magazines on the internet by people who have scanned them.

jpx72

That's sick man!!!! Love the Saturn arcade joystick, you can readily build an arcade cabinet with that! (what are you goint to do with the unboxed one? $$$)

famiac

I want that mario record... So badly...

fredJ

Quite a lot of GB games I don't have. :( Nice to see them though. Very nice to see you focused on the good games, even the lesser known ones. Rubble Saver and "The SD game (top left)" are two of my favourite game boy games, as it happens.
I am missing boxed Rockman World 2 and 4.  :'( Need to resume that IT education...
You even got Snow Bros...   :-\

Yea, there are a couple of very well made Momotaro games for different systems, but they get lost in the unplayable junk that most Momotaro games are.

And yes, Ys has some amazing artwork.
I actually buy them for that reason, but customers don't like them as much as I do, LOL. They want Zelda, but what's the difference?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

stealthlurker

September 05, 2012, 09:37:21 am #3097 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:43:18 am by stealthlurker
Quote from: Frank_fjs on September 05, 2012, 12:51:14 amI've actually seen some of those PCE magazines on the internet by people who have scanned them.

Yeah I've seen some of those scans on the web before too. I was surprised to see they were in some of the books/mags I picked up. Didn't know that while bidding on it.

Post Merge: September 05, 2012, 09:38:29 am

Quote from: jpx72 on September 05, 2012, 01:02:23 am
That's sick man!!!! Love the Saturn arcade joystick, you can readily build an arcade cabinet with that! (what are you goint to do with the unboxed one? $$$)

Well I have a couple of setups around the house. The next time I host a fighting game or shmup night I can have 2 stations each with one of those. I've got some adapters so they can also be used on other systems.

Post Merge: September 05, 2012, 09:42:30 am

Quote from: fredJ on September 05, 2012, 06:30:25 am
Quite a lot of GB games I don't have. :( Nice to see them though. Very nice to see you focused on the good games, even the lesser known ones. Rubble Saver and "The SD game (top left)" are two of my favourite game boy games, as it happens.
I am missing boxed Rockman World 2 and 4.  :'( Need to resume that IT education...
You even got Snow Bros...   :-\

Yea, there are a couple of very well made Momotaro games for different systems, but they get lost in the unplayable junk that most Momotaro games are.

And yes, Ys has some amazing artwork.
I actually buy them for that reason, but customers don't like them as much as I do, LOL. They want Zelda, but what's the difference?

That's what I love about the original GB, there are so many lesser known titles to explore. That GB book should help. Sometimes it's hard to find any information about certain games.

Wow! What are the other good Momotaro games? Prior to these GB ones, all the other ones I've seen seem to be board games.

Ys is great, unfortunately not too many people grew up with Ys. Most people know Zelda because so many people were exposed to it like mario. Here in the states, Ys was introduced via the Turbografx-16 which did not do too well to begin with... also you needed the expensive cd-rom drive add-on.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: famiac on September 05, 2012, 05:57:00 am
I want that mario record... So badly...

Seriously! Those records are beyond awesome.

fredJ

Quote from: stealthlurker on September 05, 2012, 09:37:21 am
Wow! What are the other good Momotaro games? Prior to these GB ones, all the other ones I've seen seem to be board games.

Ys is great, unfortunately not too many people grew up with Ys. Most people know Zelda because so many people were exposed to it like mario. Here in the states, Ys was introduced via the Turbografx-16 which did not do too well to begin with... also you needed the expensive cd-rom drive add-on.

Thanks for the info.

The best known Momotaro game is the action game for Pc Engine. There's also a decent RPG on SFC, and I think they have some newer on the DS...? Not sure.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

nintendodork

That Mario record, a few Game Boy games, and especially that Bomberman Game Boy thing with the tin are the things that stuck out at me and I'm totally jealous of. Especailly that Bomberman thing! :o Nice haul!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Frank_fjs

Hey stealthlurker, small world, just spotted some of your pics on Renovation Games. I'm the guy with the Alex Kidd avatar if you ever want to stalk me. :D

stealthlurker

Quote from: Frank_fjs on September 05, 2012, 05:37:35 pm
Hey stealthlurker, small world, just spotted some of your pics on Renovation Games. I'm the guy with the Alex Kidd avatar if you ever want to stalk me. :D

Tis a small world indeed! How long have you been on the Reno games group?

On a side note... can't believe I won this for $12 !!!! Noobow CIB!

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

JohnnyBlaze

Quote from: stealthlurker on September 04, 2012, 11:11:46 pm
A big haul of stuff came in last week...

Where'd you get those cart repros and are the Famicom or NES format? Also, seeing your laserdiscs, there is a channel on YouTube that puts up old videos and laserdiscs like that called RetroRealityGaming. I'm sure they'd be interested if you can convert them to a video file or something.....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play