March 28, 2024, 11:38:04 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

Spent way more than I wanted too today, but I had a spontaneous need for hardware.

FamicomRetroGamer

Well, wow, you'll be leaving with a sweet collection of JPN games.

manuel

Is that table-thingy Famiclone any good?
I always see it in one shop, but can't make my mind up if I really want it...

tappybot

The Tabletop Famiclone seems competent enough. If you power it on without a cartridge it has a tetris game that can be played alone, against a computer, or with another player.

I only tried one game with it real quick, but it functioned as hoped.  The controllers are kind of small so not quite the comfort of a typical Famicom/nes pad, but not terrible either.  The Dpad felt alright.
I might have to try it again later with a different game.  Onyanko Town isn't as responsive as something like Mario.

This one didn't come with an AC adapter, but accepts the Famicom adapter and can also take batteries.

I'd like to try out the TV Game 6 but I need an RF adapter or something. Unless the single output wire can be plugged into an a/v video port instead of the funky UHF/VHF box. Nice and clean, you'd never think it's going on 40 years old. The battery compartment is kind of corroded though... Surprised anyone would even use batteries.

Pleasantly surprised when I noticed my New Famicom retains the accessory port.  Looks like I won't need to buy an older one in order to try out these 3D glasses.  Does the US top loader have the accessory port too?  Crap, and I was holding out on Arkanoid 2 with special controllers because I thought my system wouldn't play it.

manuel

senseiman

That is definitely a nice haul, Tappybot!  I'll be sad when you leave Japan and won't have any more of these shopping tales to share (I love seeing stuff like this)!

The TV game 6 looks really cool, I like the box.  I'm curious about how the 3D system works too, I've never seen one before. 

FamicomFreak

Incredible stuff! Gotta love imports!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Quote from: tappybot on February 05, 2011, 06:17:55 am
I'd like to try out the TV Game 6 but I need an RF adapter or something.
You don't specifically need a pre-Famicom RF switch from Nintendo for this to work.  If you have any "manual" RF switches (ex: Atari 2600 RF switch), those will work too.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

fredJ

Quote from: manuel on February 05, 2011, 04:51:40 am

I had one of those myself, but the controller is quite bad and it doesn't work with many games. It is also made out of very cheap plastic.
Other than that, it is okay.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

ericj

That's an awesome price for a CD-I. Did you get any games and/or the controller with it?

nintendodork

Sweet! Now you can play some of the greatest games in the universe with the power of the Phill-  :crazy:

I can't say that with a straight face.  ;D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

linkzpikachu

no i didnt get any controllers or games with it  :upsetroll:
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

tappybot

Quote from: fredJ on February 06, 2011, 11:19:05 am
Quote from: manuel on February 05, 2011, 04:51:40 am

I had one of those myself, but the controller is quite bad and it doesn't work with many games. It is also made out of very cheap plastic.
Other than that, it is okay.

Doesn't work with many games?  That's no good  :gamer:  :-\

It was only 800yen but that's still a bummer. This is actually the first famiclone I've bought.

MarioMania

This is my finds for the last 2 Months

The Simpson: Gone Wild $3 Goodwill
The Waterboy $4  Planet Mix
Coyote Ugly $3 Ego Thrift
Virtua Fighter 2  $10 Play N Trade
Virtua Racing Saturn $ 7 ebay..needed the Back Insert ..CD included
AM/FM Sony Radio $2.50 Thrift Store
4 Tapes $1 each  Rasputin Music
Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story $4 Game Swap
Freddy vs Jason (2 Disc) $4 Game Swap
Debbie Gibson EY $.25 Thrift Store
Miley Cyrus Can't be Tamed $7 Rasputin Music
Cassette Recorder/AM-FM-TV sound Radio $5(Not Pictured)
R4 Ultra $12 got a 4GB Mini SD Card on ebay $6
The Goonies $3 Goodwill
HeadPhone $3 Goodwill
Blue headphones $1.50 Thrift Store