The game(s) you completed today..

Started by DahrenDreamcast, May 19, 2013, 04:07:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DahrenDreamcast

(Any format)

About 5 years ago, I completed Ninja Gaiden, FC Twin Hardware and original cart. I loved it, it was a hard few days or more, but it was wonderful and the story had so much emotion.

I went out and bought (via net) Ninja Gaiden II on US cart, (as I had FC twin) but it felt too soon, the 1st game was special and this didnt seem right for me to play so soon after.

Fast Foward 2013, a few months ago 80's Freak sold me a Famicom, its my 1st and its special. I was lucky enough to be bought a NES in the 80's UK (I'm 38). Always a place in my heart for Nintendo 8 bit.

To the point! I played Ninja Gaiden II to finish today on Famicom, solid playthrough of around 5 hours and many continues. I absolutely loved it. Nice completion too. My only thing for me to do now (which I'm doing after this post is to read a translation as I know I missed out on the story, I can't read Japanese/Kanji, Just plain Old English.

Thought we could use this thread to post games we have completed, easy to give a summary of game when fully completed.

:)
Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

Ah, well we do have a thread like this, comrade. http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=41.0

Regardless, I like threads like these! Congratulations on your accomplishment. I too have beaten both Ninja Gaidens I and II, but I've never even played the third installment.

I haven't played too many games today, as I'm feeling quite sick, but regardless I did complete these games this morning:

Dragon Fighter - No death. Experimented with some of the other weapon choices in different situations, as usually I just stick with my beloved blue power set.

Saiyuki World 2 - No death, no potions used against the final boss. In fact, I didn't have to use any potions whatsoever.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

DahrenDreamcast

May 19, 2013, 04:22:49 pm #2 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:31:59 pm by DahrenDreamcast
My apologies...I'm very new and my searching skills need some refinement hehe.

Thank you for the compliment and I hope you feel better soon.

I was trying to 1 credit clear Rolling Thunder, as its the kind of game where you learn section by section, but it was testing my resolve, I didnit feel much agression, it was just eating me up (stage 8 - after getting 1-7 down)

I've put that to the - when I'm ready list. I think this week I'm going to try and finish Bio Miracle Upa.
My 1st Famicom completion was Konami, Kid dracula. I kind of wish I wasnt so quick to move that on..
(well, the thinking was to get a complete copy as its my 1st special famicom game) but I'd happily be playing that again right now!!

I <3 Famicom.

Post Merge: May 19, 2013, 04:31:59 pm

Thank you for posting that thread too - I'm going to enjoy a Cuban Cigar and a pint of Cider over that.
Its a nice feeling when you beat a game that you enjoy and respect.

Some really lovely touches in Ninja Gaiden II. And as like the 1st, you can play it like a Ninja, i think its more forgiving with the more skill you use! Definitely easier than the 1st.

When I beat 1st phase boss, than died and went back to 7-1, I thought you son of a bitch. But, it does let you start on next form when you get there *I thought phew*

Some really lovely graphics and colours, some interesting boss battles, a few to keep you on your toes!
Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

It's not a problem at all, thank you for your wishes.

I've never played Rolling Thunder, but the way you describe its difficulty reminds me of my experiences beating Bucky O'Hare. Which, by the way, is an absolutely wonderful game, but the difficulty is incredible, and very much trial-and-error based. Regardless, it's still fair because they give you as many chances as you need to learn each part of the game. In fact I think I'll replay Bucky O'Hare, as it's one of the only games I own which I've only beaten once.

Kid Dracula rules. I know that game very well, but one thing which astounds me to this day, is how the hell mini-game B works... the one with the girls. I just don't understand it at all, and I never gain any lives from it. I'd say I get the best luck with the roulette minigame. Funny you mention getting it complete, as just this morning I was reflecting on the fact that by this point I have pretty much every game I want... (well, after I get my next package from Manuel I will) So pretty much the only thing left to do is rebuy all my cart-only favorites, but CIB... meaning I'll eventually drop $300 on a CIB Wanpaku Kokkun No Gourmet World. Ouch. My first Famicom completion was the first game I got for it, Armadillo, which is my favorite game to this day. (Perhaps tied with Hoshi No Kirby)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

DahrenDreamcast

May 19, 2013, 04:55:36 pm #4 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:05:04 pm by DahrenDreamcast
Thank you. With your response, I was hoping for insights and thoughts and opinions like that. Its very nice to read.
I never heard of the game ickle and mr. gimmick until I joined here, now I do know, something special is in store  :)

80'sFreak was kind enough to sell a family computer too (and I bought a data recorder and FDS down the line off him also)

I don't have a printer, but one of my uni friends is printing off the translation famicom book for me as I'm far into the original Japanese book...I'm basically not understanding key points. and as simple as it may be, i'm not taking it all in.

One question I do ask myself, I've been importing since the late 90's including consoles, the NES has always had a special place in my heart, how on earth did it take me this long to buy a famicom. I was even gutted the SNES Wasnt called a super Famicom in the UK, the magazines at the time referred to it as a super famicom.

This isnt just genuine excitement, its genuine love and respect to something so brilliant I love.

Post Merge: May 19, 2013, 05:05:04 pm

Do you have to guess the colour of their underwear, I'm sure it may be that. If thats the case, its just a gamble.
I guess if you guess the 7 lives options, its harder, unless you're a cat!!
Nintendo Child <3