Sega Genesis/Megadrive mini

Started by jpx72, April 27, 2019, 03:27:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpx72

Just preordered an American version because I really DON'T want the slowed-down PAL versions of the games. Although I would much more like the "Megadrive" written on my machine, but that's what it probably be like. (And no, the japanese megadrive is not an option because of the language barrier).
Or am I wrong? I caught something about multiple regional versions of the games, but... anybody know about this a little more?

I do have the AT Games piece with 80 or so games, the emulation is horrible, but much worse is the slowness of the games. How much is that ? PAL 17% slower than NTSC? I cant believe I was raised at this speed... :)

L___E___T

Is it confirmed the PAL version will run in 50hz?  If so that's pretty poor, especially if no option to switch the framerate.  And quite perplexing, given that modern TVs and HDMI surely function better in 60.

I grew up with PAL SEGA also, Master System I remember feeling a little slow but it never bothered me back then - however it never felt fast and arcadey either, plus SNES never felt slow.

I will be pre-ordering both the Japanese versions though because I much prefer that packaging and hardware look and I'm sure the machines will all be moddable before long.

Where did you pre-order from, out of interest?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jpx72

April 28, 2019, 12:17:14 pm #2 Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:00:57 pm by jpx72
I havent found out anything about 50/60hz regional difference anywhere, that's why I asked here... :(
I hope somebody will know.

Btw I used Amazon, but thinking about cancelling and doing the PlayAsia. Are there any other choices for european gamer?

Post Merge: April 29, 2019, 02:00:57 pm

Great news!!
"Those who feared that in Europe, the games could run at a lower frequency compared to the japanese counterparts, and american (60 hz) can breathe a sigh of relief. "There are no differences in terms of speed to market," continues Okunari. "They did so with the Wii Virtual Console, but the response of the fans was bad. So, we have decided to provide players with the version that is closest to the vision of the original authors, rather than adapt to how it was in the different markets". In essence, the games to 60hz for all."
https://nerd4.life/2019/03/31/mega-drive-mini-tried-impressions-and-details-on-the-mini-sega-console/