Any Android TV Box Recommendations?

Started by treismac, July 13, 2013, 05:55:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treismac

July 13, 2013, 05:55:09 pm Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:21:17 pm by treismac
Basically I want an Android TV Box for my regular PC duties: internet browsing, YouTube, NetFlix, retro video game emulation, etc. Any outstanding performers in the field or are they all more or less iffy Chinese electronics roll of the dice? I've got my eyes on the G-Box Midnight MX2 at the moment. Has anyone tried it to recommend, trash, or meh it? Originally, I had considered buying an Ouya but there are so many complaints about the thing on forums that I think it better to stay clear with it's lag, controller, and wifi issues.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CH643A8/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=linkinator-20

EDIT:
Yeah, scratch the G-Box Midnight MX2 as a contender.  I don't feel like dropping a hundred bucks for a load of frustration and future fix promises.

petik1

I have an Ouya, and I don't have many complaints, other than the controller lag. Plus, it only seems to affect a few games. Using apps like YouTube and Netflix won't be affected. However, you'll need to grab the APK's for the Google TV versions of these apps and sideload them.