Game Axe Color

Started by satoshi_matrix, April 22, 2007, 10:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

I recently bought a Game Axe Color on ebay. For those who don't know, its a Sega Nomad sized portible gaming device that plays Famicom and with an adaptor, NES games. While I wait for it to arrive, I'm just cerious if anyone owns one and what they think of it. Any games that don't work on it? since its based on the  NMOS 6502 I'm sure that counts out a few games.

Doc

I've been told it's not THAT good, but is good for portable playing. Low battery power is a con, and sometimes the games don't work...

satoshi_matrix

Well, when it arrives, I'll post a full review of it and list any game (NES or Famicom) that I can't get working with it. I suspect that it'll also work with the Famicom Disk System which will look really odd because I would look like this:

The Famicom Disk System sitting on my desk plugged into the wall.
The RAM Adaptor cord leading to the top of the Game Axe Portible which is no longer portible because its forced to the FDS via the very short cable.
Famicom Disk System games being outputted to the handheld.

can't wait for that!

Jedi Master Baiter

satoshi_matrix

Actually no I hadn't read that. Thanks for pointing it out. Even still, I'm going to post my own review with my own impressions. I hope to make my reviews much more visual than whats currently on the site assuming the server can handle that. I beleive that when your talking about pirated stuff the more pictures you have to subliment the text the better.

madman

A GTA or Pokefami is a much better option than the Game Axe.  The screen on that thing is horrible.

chimyfolkbutter

I have a Game Theory Admiral and it is actually decent.  I have an old multi-cart with 32 games on it.  I heard the the GameAxe's screen is a TFT screen versus and Active Matrix thus the poor ratings for game play.

-CFB

satoshi_matrix

I finally got my GameAxe Color and.....would you beleive it? The LCD screen doesnt work! I'm so pissed off! Can anyone help out here? I recorded a 2 minute video of the problem I'm having. Download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYNANTCS

kite200

I'm not even looking because you used megacrapload instead of youtube, haha!

No, seriously, just return it if you can.
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

youtube videos are limited to 100megs. This video is 275megs.

Switchstance

275MB only for 2 minutes?

Try to compress that man. :/
Famicom lover

kite200

yeah thats a bit large, but anyhow, you bought it on ebay? can't you return it?
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

I've contacted the seller but havent heard back yet. By the way, does anyone know of a program that I can use to reduce the size of the video I have? Its a raw avi off my digital cam. I'd like to upload it to youtube.

Jedi Master Baiter

madman

Can you take still pics instead?  Either way, it's broken.  There's no much one can do to repair that unless the cable is loose in there or something.