replacement famicom decals

Started by mbannick, November 22, 2012, 02:55:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mbannick

Hey guys this is my first post here after I found this site searching for famicom related websites. Anyway I just got a famicom for a decent price (doesn't look too yellow) but the decals have dirt and grime under them. Also the brass faceplates on the controllers are pretty worn. I know there is a website that sells replacements but unfortunately they don't ship outside of japan from what I gather. Has anyone come across these decals anywhere else? These are perfect for what I need but I can't seem to find a place that sells them.

Rosser

You can order from a third party like japan shopping mall there are like a dozen of them at least.I doubt anywhere else sells them besides tea4two being such an old system and all you can also print off new ones for the clear stickers. I don't have the image file but its probably floating around somewhere   

Megami

Quote from: Rosser on November 22, 2012, 06:32:52 pm
You can order from a third party like japan shopping mall there are like a dozen of them at least.I doubt anywhere else sells them besides tea4two being such an old system and all you can also print off new ones for the clear stickers. I don't have the image file but its probably floating around somewhere   

I saw someone on youtube with these decals. So yes, they're out there.

mbannick

sounds interesting. anyone have a link to that website? Just so I know I'm looking at the right service. I wouldn't mind printing the stickers but the face plates for the controllers I'll have to order.

gcfernandez

here is a brand new faceplate for player 1...he doesnt have player 2 though

I bought one and it's legit, perfect fit. They are oem parts, not replicas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Famicom-Controller-Repair-Parts-1-Player-Panel-/280903449288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4167267ac8

Frank_fjs

WTF? $15 for a faceplate? May as well just buy a whole new controller for that.

gcfernandez

where can you buy these $15 controllers?   ???

mbannick

Quote from: gcfernandez on November 24, 2012, 04:44:05 pm
here is a brand new faceplate for player 1...he doesnt have player 2 though

I bought one and it's legit, perfect fit. They are oem parts, not replicas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Famicom-Controller-Repair-Parts-1-Player-Panel-/280903449288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4167267ac8

If he had both for that price I would consider it. At least there are alternatives though.

gcfernandez

Tea4two has them both for 1280yen (about $15usd). I cant tell from the picture or description if they are actual metal plates like the real one or if the are just stickers that go over the old ones. Either way, if you used a proxy service like shoppingmalljapan or sutocorp, after adding their service fees and EMS only shipping, that price would almost triple. That one from ebay was worth the $15 or so to me since only my player 1 was worn and and now they both match and look brand new.

L___E___T

I think Tea 4 Two's are stickers rather than plates, I ordered some a couple years back.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Pemdawg

Quote from: L___E___T on November 27, 2012, 02:44:06 am
I think Tea 4 Two's are stickers rather than plates, I ordered some a couple years back.

How are the shipping rates for t42?

Rosser

Quote from: Pemdawg on December 03, 2012, 04:19:33 pm
Quote from: L___E___T on November 27, 2012, 02:44:06 am

How are the shipping rates for t42?

They don't ship outside of Japan so you have to get a third party to receive it then ship it to the states or wherever you are located