April 25, 2024, 01:46:47 am

RIP: Nintendo Power

Started by b1aCkDeA7h, December 09, 2012, 08:45:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Barnes & Noble sold out. I was told they had a grand total of  5  copies this month (& one person bought 3 of them). And they weren't even allowed to order more. ???

Pemdawg

I tried a few book stores here, and the local Barnes and Noble. Zero success. I wonder if it was short-run to push final sales. I am surprised the publisher ran out so fast online!

MarioMania

Most of it are popping up on ebay :(

I hate resellers

Pemdawg

Quote from: MarioMania on December 27, 2012, 08:54:45 pm
Most of it are popping up on ebay :(

I hate resellers

Ditto that. Money grubbing bastards. Just wail til the market slis back, and they will be cheap again. Once the fervor dies down.

satoshi_matrix

I'm going to miss NP. I wonder if Nintendo will do something like a digital release of their issues for ipad? I'd be all over that.

UglyJoe

Doubtful.  Their reluctance to go digital was one of the reasons the magazine stopped publication in the first place.

turkishproverb

I've heard some of the staff of nintendo power are working on a successor magazine.

supermariolinux

Is this what you mean turkishproverb?

i don't think any Nintendo Power staff are on it but lots of writers from news websites are on it.

http://nintendoforcemagazine.com/

turkishproverb

Might be.  Not sure.  I wasn't to clear on details myself.

Ninjanick999

I had a subscription, but I never got the last issue. I emailed Nintendo Power, and the said the were all out and could not send me one.

The email from Nintendo Power:
"Thank you for contacting Nintendo Power.

We underestimated the demand for the final issue and have now exhausted our supply. You may be able to find a copy of December 2012 at a local newsstand but unfortunately we no longer have any in stock and cannot send you one. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. To ensure your future concerns are handled in a timely fashion, please include all previous e-mail correspondence.

Sincerely,
Melinda "

spoung45

I never got a chance to pick the last one up... But I did just go to my parents house and picked up all my old issues.  Numbers 18-100, I stopped at 100 since I did not have an Nintendo 64...
Hey laser lips your mama was a snow blower!