March 28, 2024, 10:15:23 am

Anime

Started by kite200, April 28, 2007, 12:03:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jpx72

Anyone saw Arrietty (Kari-gurashi no Arietti - 借りぐらしのアリエッティ) from Ghibli studios? I have it prepared to watch soon and hoping for another pleasant Ghibli experience!
(by the way watch "Ponyo on a clif" (also Ghibli)! It looks childish on first look, but it's great!!!!)

manuel

I love the Arrietty movie. My son watches it all the time.  :yoshi:
Definitely recommended!

linkzpikachu

been watching girls bravo season 2
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

FamicomRetroGamer

Yu Yu Hakusho - Season One: Disc 3 on Blu-ray

Not really sure if I'll order all sets, I like it, but not completely.

jpx72

Uff time to dust off this topic...
Any good 2011-2012 (I mean recent) anime recommendations? I would really like to watch something, but if I may be so selfish - I don't like those fighting types like Bleach (or Pokemon or Dragonball, I liked Inuyasha though), nor mecha like Evangelion. Kinda like mysterious (Suzumyia Haruhi, Angel Beats) and real life stuff... Oh and studio Ghibli is the best, but since I've seen Arriety, I don't think there's something new.

famifan

petik1

March 24, 2012, 07:46:11 pm #216 Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:01:15 pm by petik1
My stance hasn't changed since I last chimed in on this thread. Never really liked anime, probably never will. I'm just a good ole 'merican.

Nightstar699

I can respect that. Animu isn't for everyone. Then again, it isn't even a genre, it just describes a country of origin for animation. I believe that for every person, at least 1 particular animu exists that they would like, if they happened to see it. Unless of course, it's someone who dislikes animation all together.

As for my favorites... Hokuto No Ken. And Samurai Champloo.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

security16

I have to say i am a bit of a sailor moon retard! I also like evangelion the old series and the new movies are awesome!! Tekkaman blade is also a favorite. Then theres the old stuff like astroboy and manzinger z which in english was tranzor Z i had on VHS as a kid! I liked dragonball seirieseses and well there is also this http://teamfourstar.com/page-episodes which is so funny

Parodius Duh

I hate modern anime and Ill stick to the golden era please, thank you. Casshern, Tekkaman, Don Dracula, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Steel Jeeg, Galaxy Express 999, basically anything 70s and early 80s I dig.

Nightstar699

Casshern and Tekkaman... oh yes. Anything by Tatsunoko is gold. Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Karas, and Hurricane Polymar are my personal favorites.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Parodius Duh

just checked out "Vampaiya" an incredible Japanese half live action/half anime from 1968. Its so cool, apparently its a really rare series, I only have the first 4 episodes from a rare Japanese television broadcast, lots of werewolves in it too. 

and this isnt anime but I also received a 2 disc set called "Secrets of Ultraman" a very short lived game show from 1990. Its taped from Japanese TV obviously and it still has the awesome toy, snack, and famicom commercials intact!!!!!!!!!

Nightstar699

Quote from: Parodius Duh on April 08, 2012, 09:08:14 pm
just checked out "Vampaiya" an incredible Japanese half live action/half anime from 1968. Its so cool, apparently its a really rare series, I only have the first 4 episodes from a rare Japanese television broadcast, lots of werewolves in it too. 

and this isnt anime but I also received a 2 disc set called "Secrets of Ultraman" a very short lived game show from 1990. Its taped from Japanese TV obviously and it still has the awesome toy, snack, and famicom commercials intact!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to look into Vampaiya, it appears to be the exact type of thing I'd be into.

Parodius Duh

you'll be hard pressed to come up with any info. I couldnt find shit. I may upload an episode or two to youtube or if you are interested in a DVD-R copy pm me....

Just picked up the Original Tekkaman Series (None of that Blade garbage) complete on remastered DVDs. SO. FUCKING. PSYCHED! I only had a crummy bootleg set before that taken from like Hong Kong VCDs (VCD stands for Video Crap Disc, why do these even exist?! uggggh!)

Nightstar699

The original Space Knight Tekkaman, the greatest Tekkaman...  on the topic of Tatsunoko, has anyone else seen Golden Warrior Gold Lightan? Out of all their animes which I've seen, it was probably the strangest one. The titular character reminded me so much of Sunshine from Kinnikuman.

And as for Vampaiya, that would be great if you could upload an episode or two to YouTube,  I'm sure some interest would be generated over it.