March 28, 2024, 02:11:36 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fredJ

Good price.
It works with no problem?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

NintendoKing

It's described as perfect and flawless with a 14 day money back guarantee.

stealthlurker

Nice VB! I actually like the system... as long as you don't play it too long, haha.

Quite a coincidence that you got one recently. I was cleaning out my garage today and found this old Blockbuster rental VB (my first VB system). I got it for $30 when Blockbuster was getting rid of them. Granted that was about 10+ years ago I believe.

Frank_fjs

Price is great!

I'm after a Japanese unit myself, finding one at the right price is taking a while though.

stealthlurker

Quote from: Frank_fjs on July 07, 2012, 12:12:00 am
Price is great!

I'm after a Japanese unit myself, finding one at the right price is taking a while though.

Got that too.  ;)

Frank_fjs

Out of interest, why get both? I'd be happy with just one. :)

P.s. I missed it before but nice rental VB also.

Funny how prices have changed. I remember the 32X being cleared out for $30 from major department stores when it failed.

NintendoKing

Virtual Boy was to ahead of its time but with people now interested in 3DS, new interest and collectability had sprung itself into Virtual Boy. Thank you, Gunpei Yokoi for imagining and designing one of the most creative pieces of videogame equipment ever!

Also people sell just the virtual Boy carrying case for $40 on eBay and a loose Virtual Boy without games sells for $60-70. So yea, your $30 investment is about $100+.

Rest in Peace, Gunpei Yokoi

fredJ

I would honestly describe the game value to be like 40 hours max. The thing is better NOT using, than using....  :-\ I mean it looks cool.

Frank_fjs

Quote from: fredJ on July 07, 2012, 08:34:14 am
I would honestly describe the game value to be like 40 hours max. The thing is better NOT using, than using....  :-\ I mean it looks cool.

Exactly why I refuse to spend big money on one. If I can't track one down at a low cost then I'm happy to leave it out of my collection, I'm much more of a player than a hoarder anyway.

stealthlurker

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on July 07, 2012, 06:21:48 am
Virtual Boy was to ahead of its time but with people now interested in 3DS, new interest and collectability had sprung itself into Virtual Boy. Thank you, Gunpei Yokoi for imagining and designing one of the most creative pieces of videogame equipment ever!

Also people sell just the virtual Boy carrying case for $40 on eBay and a loose Virtual Boy without games sells for $60-70. So yea, your $30 investment is about $100+.

Rest in Peace, Gunpei Yokoi

Are you talking about these homemade cases for about $40? It's just not the same imho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Custom-Hard-Case-Storage-/150802188441?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item231c82c899

Post Merge: July 07, 2012, 09:20:33 am

Quote from: Frank_fjs on July 07, 2012, 01:58:18 am
Out of interest, why get both? I'd be happy with just one. :)

P.s. I missed it before but nice rental VB also.

Funny how prices have changed. I remember the 32X being cleared out for $30 from major department stores when it failed.

In terms of "collection" purposes, for the past few years I've been focusing on japanese versions of games/systems.

NintendoKing

Nope, thats not the one I am talking about one was blockbuster yesterday and it was listed $40 buy it now.  There is also a ultra inflated one listed but thats been relisted over and over and wont ever sell.

Also if you have the right games, you can infinitely enjoy Virtual Boy. Wario Land is 40 hours+ fun all on its own, its like original SMB... you can play it time and time again and still have fun. Red Alarm, Panic Bomber, Teleroboxer, Vertical Force, Mario's Tennis, Mario Clash, Golf and Jack Bros. also give you many hours.

Unfortunately, there are also duds on VB like Water World, Baseball, Galactic Pinball, Tetris, and  Nester's Funky Bowling.

Then theres games, that I have never looked up or anything such as Virtual Bowling, Space Squash, Space Invaders, SD Gundam Dimension War, Innsmouth no Yakata, Virtual Fishing, and Virtual Lab

Honestly, its all in the games you like. If you truly enjoy VB games, like most people whom own one then you will never truly stop enjoying it.

famiac

I can do repairs on the display if you need.
i made a virtual boy flash cart too so all the expensive titles are one order from jameco away.

NintendoKing

That peaked my interest Famiac, I messaged you.

fredJ

NintendoKing

How much did the SG-1000 run you fredj?
They are like Sega's version of Atari 2600.