May 10, 2024, 02:08:53 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

I think I might have one or similar, but thanks again for the thought. You're so generous!  :)

Now you got me curious as to what book you're referring to... might have to look around. Though it wouldn't be as cool as producer signed.

Nightstar699

Wow, that clock does sound positively badass. I don't really have any HnK stuff, aside from a few games.

Guess I'll show what I got today. Here's the game I won on eBay...

I'd lost a few auctions for this game in the past, so I was pleased to get it at long last. Also got a couple games to play on my Sega Saturn...

I finally beat Rockman X4, which I was unable to do as a kid. (I had the PS1 version, mind you. I don't remember beating more than a few Mavericks)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

April 09, 2014, 02:07:41 am #3587 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:35:25 pm by L___E___T
Man I really think I might have to get a Saturn at some point - Saturn games are really coming into their own aren't they.  
That would be yet another system though, I haven't broken in my Megadrive yet (still saving for an Everdrive MD)!

Oh, here's that clock and art book by the way:

On the right, you'll see it was also in the JP Special Edition, so if you got that you will have that art book (in Nihongou).
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

You and I seem to have similar tastes Nightstar699  ;D All excellent picks.

Thanks for the pic LET. Ah so it's the more recent treasure box. I was imagining a book from the 80s or 90s.

modeltfordman

April 09, 2014, 01:23:55 pm #3589 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:45:20 pm by modeltfordman
I recently found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Nintendo-non-official-product-Portable-Famicom-Console-FC-POCKET-JAPAN-/221392371078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338c037d86. I wasn't expecting a whole lot seeing as it is a famiclone, but I have been surprised. I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it yet, but it works well with my famicom games as well as my US nes games. I like the design aesthetics of this famiclone as compared to my FC Mobile II.

I just tried my copy of Castlevania 3 and it doesn't work.. (Sigh) :'(

L___E___T

I saw that some time back and considered getting one - how's the screen?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

modeltfordman

April 09, 2014, 04:08:38 pm #3591 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:42:31 pm by modeltfordman
It's not that bad the colors aren't off too much. It is just small. I think it could have been a little bigger. I can try and upload some pics later if you would like.  One of my biggest complaints is that with a converter and NES game attached to the FC Pocket they feel very flimsy, but I shook it around to see if it would crash and to my surprise it didn't . This system is much easier to get my clean NES games to work on unlike my FC Mobile II.

Here is my photo bucket with some pics of the FC Pocket in action: http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/modeltfordman/library/Famicom%20Pocket%202014?sort=3&page=1.

I had just finished playing The Legend of Zelda and decided that I had change to Super Mario Bros 3. ( I just recently re watched The Wizard)

Also the built in 88 games are not that good I believe they are all pirates.

stealthlurker

Haha, I just got one of those in my recent shipment from Japan. Haven't de-bubble wrapped it yet (so haven't tested yet). I was attracted to it because this portable looks like the gameboy micro fami edition.

modeltfordman

I never thought about that hahah. It does look like a gba micro famicom.

stealthlurker

Little back story on this Panzer Galient toy... the summer in the 80s when I got my first famicom while on vacation overseas, also got a toy exactly like the one below. Well decades later, I still have that original famicom but the toy was lost a loooong time ago. Now it hath returned  ;D Takes me back to that summer and discovering the world of the Japanese famicom for the first time.

Last but not least... the Extron Super Emotia!

L___E___T

What does that box do?  Is it an upscaler?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Quote from: L___E___T on April 10, 2014, 12:30:47 pm
What does that box do?  Is it an upscaler?

Actually the reverse, it's a downscaler  ;D

Takes say a 31khz signal like VGA down to 15khz 240p for a nice RGB CRT monitor.

L___E___T

April 10, 2014, 01:10:45 pm #3597 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:19:55 pm by L___E___T
Ah I get you.  Was it expensive?  Seems like a niche little utility.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

They go for about 100 bucks these days. Most people use them for:

1. Emulator PCs (arcade/console)
2. New systems with retro styled games
3. Putting an xbox 360 in an arcade machine to play all the japanese shmups for cheap (ie not buying the multi 100 dollar or thousand dollar arcade boards)

Nightstar699

Congratulations on finally re-purchasing a beloved childhood toy, Stealthlurker. That SNK shirt is interesting, but... who is that on the front of it? Almost looks like Boku Dracula Kun. 

Quote from: L___E___T on April 09, 2014, 02:07:41 am
Man I really think I might have to get a Saturn at some point - Saturn games are really coming into their own aren't they.  
That would be yet another system though, I haven't broken in my Megadrive yet (still saving for an Everdrive MD)!

I can't possibly recommend the Saturn enough... just make sure that you get either a Japanese Saturn, or at least an Action Replay to play imports (as I do). I got my Saturn at a flea market years ago for 5 bucks, but it's gone mostly unused since then, just because North American Saturn packaging is so unappealing, the library is so limited, and the games are so pricey. But since getting back into collecting JPN Saturn stuff just recently, it's quickly became my favorite thing to collect. You'd love it, it's pretty much THE best system for fighters.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...