Custom Posters from Handbill flyers

Started by stealthlurker, December 14, 2011, 01:11:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

Some posters I had made, will get professionally framed when I get a chance. Also considering having the source images printed on rolled canvas for the "painting-like" effect.

L___E___T

I'd avoid the canvas - it will just look cheap.  Where did you get these from by the way?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lobdale

stealthlurker

Quote from: L___E___T on December 14, 2011, 04:11:09 am
I'd avoid the canvas - it will just look cheap. 

I think these look very sharp. Canvas printed Gradius, Forgotten Worlds, Outrun and Dodonpachi level background:

L___E___T

Yeah actually those look ok, without being able to see up close.  Where did you get the posters from?  Are you happy to say?  
There are a few handbills I know I won't be able to acquire, so I'd like to get prints of those if it's the only option left.  Thanks.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

I just realized a poster I would love to have made - the Double Dragon III box art. That thing is a masterpiece. I still have the foldout in the box.

stealthlurker

December 15, 2011, 03:47:09 pm #6 Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:01:30 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Quote from: L___E___T on December 15, 2011, 05:44:31 am
Yeah actually those look ok, without being able to see up close.  Where did you get the posters from?  Are you happy to say? 
There are a few handbills I know I won't be able to acquire, so I'd like to get prints of those if it's the only option left.  Thanks.

A friend of mine did the work. In addition to the highest res possible scan, had to do a lot of work to make sure that the image would look clean at that size. Also used a very high quality professional printer and good stock, photo quality paper. The quality is amazing even upon very close inspection. Even nicer than the posters from MCS Arcade (which are very high quality as well). I gave him $100USD for each one for time and materials (mostly for time... most valuable resource imho lol).

I'll check with him first if he's alright with distributing his files or doing more prints for other people.

BTW, doesn't famicom world have an archive of scanned handbills (including the ones above)? You could have it printed that way if things don't pan out.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: stealthlurker on December 15, 2011, 03:47:09 pm
I gave him $100USD for each one for time and materials

Oh, nm then. :-\ Too rich for my blood.

Parodius Duh

December 18, 2011, 12:35:28 am #8 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:15:09 am by Parodius Duh
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on December 15, 2011, 11:02:22 pm
Quote from: stealthlurker on December 15, 2011, 03:47:09 pm
I gave him $100USD for each one for time and materials

Oh, nm then. :-\ Too rich for my blood.

Heh, Yeah I had inquired about these as well, was hoping they were more like $30-40 tops so that way it would be reasonable cost to get framed...   :(  Way out of my league.....

...and that Donpachi background on canvas is badass as all hell. Looks like HR Giger art on the wall there!

Jedi Master Baiter

That Gradius artwork is... a work of art. Anyone know who originally made it?

stealthlurker

Got another poster sized print today:

L___E___T

The gradius art is amazing.  Jap-Sai has it hosted in high res and a bunch of other games.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Parodius Duh

Id really like a poster of the Metroid handbill, and Armadillo 2 handbill (unreleased)

L___E___T

I recently bought an Armadillo II handbill, but it's not with me just yet.  The Metroid one comes with the FDS traditionally, is that right?  As one of the inserts?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

DowntimeinJapan

Amazing! Where in Japan does everyone find their handbills? I have checked in Akihabara, super potato, and other areas but have never seen any for sale.