*Update* "GAME BOY (NINTENDO)" board, what good can I keep from it?

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, March 10, 2012, 01:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

March 10, 2012, 01:33:33 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:28:17 am by FamicomRetroGamer
Update:

Previously:

So you see, this is pretty damaged (:() and I'd like to keep something of it for me, as it looks like, all it's worth keeping is the red coloured Nintendo titled, or am I wrong?

I did have the two parts, but I honestly don't know where the "GAM" board of this.

Another question:

I have like 9 things of these (one of them is unboxed), is it worth anything? On Amazon UK apparently one new costs 25 pounds, but anyone can price it whatever they'd please.

Thanks! :)

NintendoKing

I would sand off the "eboy" and repaint that paint to say "World of" in gold paint.

fredJ

Why the sign come in two parts?  ???
I can't think of anything useful to make with the text "E BOY". :P Maybe someone creative would be interested in buying "BOY" and make something useful with it. A men's room sign such as. :-\
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

linkzpikachu

just hang it up in your man cave or something, its cool even without the "GAM" in it
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Yelir

Maybe you could cut up the majority of the sign, rearrange the letters to be like 'OBEY Nintendo'. :help:

Jedi Master Baiter

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: Yelir on March 10, 2012, 08:38:03 pm
Maybe you could cut up the majority of the sign, rearrange the letters to be like 'OBEY Nintendo'. :help:

THIS

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: linkzpikachu on March 10, 2012, 08:30:29 pm
just hang it up in your man cave or something, its cool even without the "GAM" in it

I did that, here it is:

But now I've found the two parts, though the condition is quite mediocre:

http://i44.tinypic.com/rcmvjt.jpg

Drakon

You could easily use some super strength epoxy or glue on the back to re-attach the two halves which is what I would do.  And if you're still not sure if that's strong enough then glue a support beam or plate connecting the two halves again from behind.

nintendodork

Quote from: Yelir on March 10, 2012, 08:38:03 pm
Maybe you could cut up the majority of the sign, rearrange the letters to be like 'OBEY Nintendo'.
I still like this idea the best.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: Drakon on March 11, 2012, 01:39:24 pm
You could easily use some super strength epoxy or glue on the back to re-attach the two halves which is what I would do.  And if you're still not sure if that's strong enough then glue a support beam or plate connecting the two halves again from behind.

I'll do that and probably re-paint it, but it probably won't look as good as it was in its authentic condition (when it was brand new).

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: MarioMania on March 17, 2012, 03:11:56 pm
How did it come in half?

Funny story, I found this at my grandparents farm which had animal crap all over it, I did try to clean before removing it and then it got broken into two pieces.

Originally, I owned this in pristine condition but then I found this in such a horrible condition, oh god... :'(