Famicom AC-Adapter and General Power F.A.Q.

Started by Xious, November 18, 2011, 06:54:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Look for the markings on the back of the AC Adapter.

Mo-hd

Nice  ;D.

Lum,ericj .. Thank you very much.
I really appreciate your help.

Retrozoa

September 02, 2012, 07:09:55 pm #78 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:25:33 pm by Retrozoa
Hi, I've just got a standard famicom and I have two adapters for it, can anyone tell me which one is better for the system?

First one(turbographx adapter):
Model: HES-ACA-01
Input: 120 VAC 60 Hz 15W
Output: 10.5 VDC 730 mA
Negative polarity

Second one(aftermarket genesis model 1 adapter):
Class 2 power supply
P/N:SJ-093016B
Model:HRZ-48D-0900800UL
Input:120V AC 60Hz 0.1A
Ouput: 10V DC 1200mA
Negative polarity

I'm thinking the second one would work better, but I'm concerned about the excess mA's overheating it. Any better one here, or do they both suck?

edit: I notice with both adapters, the back vent of the famicom starts to get a little on the warm side after 10-15 minutes. Not hot, just warm. Is this it slowly overheating?

ericj

Retrozoa

Ok, good to know. I'm just a little paranoid when it comes to electricity.  I'm always worried the system getting warm means  :fire: haha.

Also, just noticed your username is my first name and middle initial. Weird coincidence.

ericj

Haha , Eric is a good name.  ;D Perhaps I'm biased.

fredJ

September 03, 2012, 06:16:50 am #82 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:22:50 am by fredJ
the ampere question is covered in the first post in the thread.
you can go to page 1 in the thread by clicking on the 1 below, or click on this link http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6933.0 , then press Ctrl+F and search for "ampere" (without the quotation marks)
you may need to search more than once to get the question answered. Usually this is achieved by pressing Ctrl+G in the web browser, after performing the first search with Ctrl+F as described above

Though, probably should add, the original poster was an imposter. But I think the FAQ is at least 80% accurate, 10% fairly accurate, and maybe 5-10% fabricated.

Anyways, I would personally chose the MD adapter with more amps. 730 mA is unnecessary low.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

atarimonkey

October 05, 2012, 05:39:06 pm #83 Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:55:26 pm by atarimonkey
Hi all,

I have a Famicom Hong Kong version, but i live in the uk and i'm bit of a newb!  

What would i need to power this system?

Cheers!  ;D

133MHz

You should be all set. Hong Kong, being a former UK territory, uses the same voltage and television standards so it should work for you in the UK without the need of converters. If you don't have the AC adapter that came with it you can use a Sega Mega Drive model 1 AC adapter or any power brick capable of at least 850mA @ 9V DC center negative.

atarimonkey

Thanks!

Will try to find the right adaptor, and find out if this thing even works?!?  ;D

Josh

In regards to the voltage converter linked in the OP: http://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-1000J-Japanese-Transformer-Converts/dp/B000PC4SVU

How would one go about attaching a power strip to this to power multiple components? The only power strips I know of have a ground pin, but the 100V output of that converter does not have a ground socket.

Famiburo

i wanna ask something, even if got the original famicom adapter, the output in my country is 110 / 220 does this represent a risk for my console, what can i do if it is?

thanks for reading :D :)

133MHz

Are you from Brazil? Not many countries run on dual voltage standards (not counting 220V split phase systems like the US - true either/or depending on location) and if that's the case you must find the exact voltage used in your area before plugging in a non-universal appliance.

QuoteIn Brazil there is no standard voltage; most states use 110-127 V electricity (Rio Grande do Sul, Paraná, São Paulo, Minas Gerais, Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, Pará, Amazonas,...). In many hotels, however, 220 V can be found. 220-240 V is used mainly in the northeast: in the capital Brasilia (Distrito Federal) and, among others, in the states of Ceará, Pernambuco and Santa Catarina.

Famiburo

Not from brazil, from colombia i guess some countries of south america share that dual current, so is better if i get a universal adapter and set it up¿? :)