$ony has released 4.25 OFW which has been bricking PS3 systems..

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, September 18, 2012, 12:55:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

That's right, $ony's PS3 4.25 OFW has been reported to brick many PlayStation 3's.

Post on the official PlayStation 3 US forums:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/FEEDBACK-REQUESTED-4-25-Firmware-Update-Issues/td-p/38269703

There's also other third party forum/websites that its users been complaining about their PS3 getting bricked due to this broken firmware update.

What has $ony done about this? Nothing.

Btw, now I just feel insecure to update to 4.25 OFW and play the Beta PS3 of Super Smas Bros rip-off.

JohnnyBlaze

That's EXACTLY what happened to mine. Tried to update to 4.25 and it keeps telling me at 99% that an error has occurred. Glad to see I'm not alone....
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

HokusaiXL

Huh, that's funny because mine is running 4.25 and it works just fine.
I don't know how to fox. D:

GohanX

UglyJoe

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: GohanX on September 18, 2012, 05:01:39 pm
We get it, you don't like Sony or the PS3.

Stop talking shit, I own a PSP, PS2 FAT, PS3 Slim and it's not that I don't like the consoles but $ony releasing broken OFWs makes it insecure to update and then they don't take responsibilities to release a proper OFW or fix the consoles they bricked with the firmware update.

Butthurt $ony fanboys always say the same crap.

TanookiSuitSam

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on September 19, 2012, 12:46:26 am
Quote from: GohanX on September 18, 2012, 05:01:39 pm
We get it, you don't like Sony or the PS3.

Stop talking shit, I own a PSP, PS2 FAT, PS3 Slim and it's not that I don't like the consoles but $ony releasing broken OFWs makes it insecure to update and then they don't take responsibilities to release a proper OFW or fix the consoles they bricked with the firmware update.

Butthurt $ony fanboys always say the same crap.

You seem to bring up the fact that you greatly dislike Sony's business practices...Quite a lot, actually. Not to sound rude, but you sound like a broken record.

Anyway, after the whole account compromise thing I haven't really trusted Sony all that much myself.  After hearing about that, i'm pretty hesitant about getting a PS3 now, which sucks since there's some pretty sweet games for the system.

This is just another nail in the coffin for me, honestly. It makes me feel like they have no idea wtf they're doing.
hi

GohanX

Yup, I'm a Sony fanboy.

That spends most of his spare time playing Famicom and Neo Geo games. And was on Team Sega during the Saturn/DC days.

HokusaiXL

Like I said, mine works fine.  So I really don't know what the problem is.  Then again I'm running a stock PS3 Slim with original hdd.
I don't know how to fox. D:

UglyJoe

Is this issue really all that widespread?  The only mention of it that I can find is the thread in the OP and one or two other threads.  If this were affecting "many" PS3s, I would expect to see it on some gaming news sites.

manuel

I was about to say "I won't update for now", but then I remembered that I sold my PS3 a few weeks ago.  :crazy:

I don't think the problem is very widespread, but even if that's so, Sony has to do something about it and fast.

JohnnyBlaze

I know for me, I reformatted my HDD and updated using an SD Card Reader. Everything seems fine for now, but since I'm a bit under the weather at the moment, I cannot test further. Something tells me that the update on PSN was problematic, but the one on the PC wasn't.
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

crade

I really like the PS3 and I like Sony not too bad, but they are really doing their best to make me hate them..
GRRR!