$ony has released 4.25 OFW which has been bricking PS3 systems..

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, September 18, 2012, 12:55:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HokusaiXL

Some times updates go wrong.  Sony isn't the only company that's ever been effected by it.

Seriously, if I had a penny for every update that's gone wrong with anything I've updated, I could buy a new PS3 easy.
I don't know how to fox. D:

crade

Yeah it would be fine if any update were actually needed..  When all they do is spam you with updates so they can make you agree to more crap in their stupid user agreements and because they are uber paranoid about someone still being able to use the otheros feature, every update is a huge nuisance (none of them "just work" for me, they take a lot of time because Sony programmers in their infinite idiocy can't figure out how to RESUME a download and they always crash out at 20-60% until I run them about 30 times or so
and they won't let you use anything until you update)

Then when the updates are already happening all the damn time, and never EVER are beneficial to me in any way, AND they also end up fubaring your system, it gets kinda annoying.

Edit:
It's time for kick our customers in the balls #4.25!  Oops, did we kick too hard and do permenant damage this time?  Oh well, you know it just happens sometimes with balls kicking.. no reason to get upset.
GRRR!

HokusaiXL

Right, but again this is for every company.  Considering you're getting compiled patches instead of source code that you copy paste into pre-existing source code, stuff like this is bound to happen.  If you're going to bash on Sony for it, bash on every other company in existence that puts software updates out that boosts security.

Not one for protecting a company over another, unless it's nVidia vs ATI's bullshit "lets fix one driver package and completely break openGL on the next".  Just really tired of people talking out of their asses and singling out one company over another.
I don't know how to fox. D:

crade

Quote from: HokusaiXL on September 22, 2012, 07:57:17 am
Right, but again this is for every company.  Considering you're getting compiled patches instead of source code that you copy paste into pre-existing source code, stuff like this is bound to happen.  If you're going to bash on Sony for it, bash on every other company in existence that puts software updates out that boosts security.

Not one for protecting a company over another, unless it's nVidia vs ATI's bullshit "lets fix one driver package and completely break openGL on the next".  Just really tired of people talking out of their asses and singling out one company over another.

Well, the thing is, I don't have problems with other companies updates..  The wii updates happen infrequently enough and work decently, they aren't a problem.  My Linux system updates when I tell it to, not when it tells me to, they don't intentionally prevent me from using software to force me to update at certain times.  Heck even Windows can be set to update in the middle of the night instead of right when I'm trying to play a game..  Also, normally companies will at least save the updates up and release them when there is at least 1 update that is useful for something, or they will just let you decide if you need it or not..  Even my phone updates under my terms.

Fact of the matter is, Sony's updates are just way worse.  Also I can't believe they don't resume downloads..  That is about the most idiotic thing I can think of in this day and age when combined with their gigantic downloads and forced downloads.

Like I say, I like Sony's stuff generally, but they treat their customers like criminals made of shit.
GRRR!

Epic_Lotus

Sony's updates have always been a pain.  It's one reason I stopped using Netflix on my machine.  For a while there last spring, it was like an update a week.  Really kind of cheesed me off.

RainLink

I remember when Sony released that firmware update that disabled the option to run Linux as a side OS - I was so pissed and it's not like I could NOT update it, some of the games I played needed to update the firmware in order to work, so I had to sacrifice the otherOS option.  :-\

Needless to say I'm going to not update my PS3 until they come out with a newer firmware, I haven't touched my ps3 in months.
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

petik1

This is why the Wii was awesome. You never had to update, and if any game required an update, you can just hack it away! :D

RainLink

Quote from: petik1 on October 01, 2012, 04:43:31 pm
This is why the Wii was awesome. You never had to update, and if any game required an update, you can just hack it away! :D

lol Amen to that! My Wii is still running on firmware 4.0 with the homebrew channel installed, it's my baby   ;D
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

JohnnyBlaze

Quote from: RainLink on October 01, 2012, 09:46:06 pm
Quote from: petik1 on October 01, 2012, 04:43:31 pm

lol Amen to that! My Wii is still running on firmware 4.0 with the homebrew channel installed, it's my baby   ;D

Same here guys. Running 4.2 on the Homebrew Channel with the Wode Jukebox and ECM Chameleon Case. SUPER SWEET!
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play