Is There A Way To Play 32X Games On A Retron 3?

Started by okame, May 07, 2013, 09:11:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

okame

I'm trying to get a retro Star Wars cart collection going, of only the original trilogy. No prequels allowed! I have the systems for the Atari 2600 NES,SNES,Genesis,Game Gear & Gameboy games. I just need to buy a Colecovision & Intellivision, along with the Sega Master System converter for the Game Gear. Since I have the Retron 3 for my Genesis games, is there ANY way, mod or otherwise, to play 32X games on that console, or do I have to bite the bullet and find a Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X combo online? If the 32X can be modded to use on the Retron, it would be easier, and maybe in the long run cheaper, than buying another Genesis setup. Besides, if the Angry Video Game Nerd is anything to go by, most of the Sega CD and 32X games might not be worth getting more electronics for!

2A03

Quote from: okame on May 07, 2013, 09:11:22 am
I'm trying to get a retro Star Wars cart collection going, of only the original trilogy. No prequels allowed! I have the systems for the Atari 2600 NES,SNES,Genesis,Game Gear & Gameboy games. I just need to buy a Colecovision & Intellivision, along with the Sega Master System converter for the Game Gear.

We didn't need your life story

FamicomFreak

Ummm try to be a little more constructive in your response or you're going to start to look like an asshole, thank you ^_^
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

UglyJoe

Google seems to show that it is not possible, or that nobody has bothered to attempt to mod it to do so.  It sounds like you'd at least have to remove the top half of the Retron 3 in order to be able to fit the 32x into the cart slot.  My guess is that it won't work, but that would at least let you connect it and try it out.

That's all moot, though, since there are two Star Wars games for the Sega CD, and that definitely isn't going to work with your Retron 3.  (Since I sincerely doubt it has the expansion port that you need to connect the Sega CD).

okame

Okay, so the hardware side isn't compatible. I said ANY way. How about ROM files? Any way to convert them into something a Genesis flash cart would play? I want to see if the Star Wars game is something I'd want to buy!

UglyJoe

Quote from: okame on May 08, 2013, 12:07:41 pm
How about ROM files? Any way to convert them into something a Genesis flash cart would play?

No, man, just...no.

Quote from: okame on May 08, 2013, 12:07:41 pm
I want to see if the Star Wars game is something I'd want to buy!

Then have you considered looking up gameplay videos or playing them in an emulator?

L___E___T

Honestly, 32X and Sega CD have a few games worth bothering with - the rest don't bear thinking about. 
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。