Super Megason famiclone color issue

Started by nurd, March 09, 2014, 04:14:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nurd

I have a famiclone that's never worked quite right :v The video it outputs is shades of  grey. I'd not even know where to begin with repairs, but i've taken pictures of the insides of it.

any suggestions ? ? ?

i've tried turning those two things in the first picture, nothing happened

aha2940

Hi

This issue happens when you try to connect an NTSC system to a PAL TV (or viceversa). From the pictures, it seems your clone is NTSC, are you sure your TV is not PAL? Also, it seems the famiclone has both RF and A/V output, have you tried both? if so, do they produce the same black and white image?

Regards.

P.S: Nice old famiclone, you can mod it replacing the CPU?PPU to get 100% famicom compatibility and no audio problems :)

nurd

hmm... just tried it out on a different tv and it seems to be working now! not sure what the problem was. i'll have to keep the chip replacement thing in mind

Pemdawg

Some TVs handle out of region video better than others. Let's see more pics of your Megason!

nurd

Here's some more pictures! :v

now that i know it works, i really like it :v the buttons are a bit squishy, but its nothing that cant be fixed. its such a cute lil thing. the cartridge eject lever has to be modified to allow for most cartridges to fit

L___E___T

I really like it - wish I could find one similar.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Pemdawg

I'd love a Super Famicom shaped hardware-based famiclone. If you ever want to sell it, please look me up!!

Russam5354

LOL. 3rd picture is just an NES box with a crappy photo editing job.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

MaxXimus

Quote from: Russam5354 on March 22, 2014, 05:47:03 am
LOL. 3rd picture is just an NES box with a crappy photo editing job.

Wasnt the NES pasted over the original box as well?

nurd

I'm not sure about that, i think the NES in the original photo mightve been in the photograph :v

the thing i found weird was the orange famicom cart in the picture.

JessicaWolf

Quote from: nurd on March 22, 2014, 08:30:06 pm
I'm not sure about that, i think the NES in the original photo mightve been in the photograph :v

the thing i found weird was the orange famicom cart in the picture.

Yeah, they obviously just took the NES advert, changed the wording and used some image manipulation on it.

Here is the original.

Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

P

You can even still see the NES behind the floating Super Megason.

Russam5354

How can this pirated Taiwanese crap levitate??? Must have wizards in those sweat shops...
It's funny how they even SOLD this. They shamelessly photoshopped the original box.
As for the video color problem... well... I'm not that technical. I'll diagnose it as an official problem.

... I wish I had a photoshopped "Nintendo Seal of Quality" to make it truly official.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

L___E___T

If you think that's shopped quickly then you should see some of the other items coming out of Shenzhen, let alone Taiwan.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。