Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Issun

Just finished Elite on the NES. Completed all missions and got the "Elite" rating after half a week of grinding. Great game!

L___E___T

April 10, 2014, 12:32:05 pm #316 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:44:58 pm by L___E___T
Congrats!  I never got into Elite but your stories make me want to have a stab at it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

BonBon

April 10, 2014, 05:12:49 pm #317 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:40:35 pm by Jay-ray
Did a run on wardner no mori for the fds yesterday it only took about 20 min was really surprised it was so short. I've meaning to mention that I think we should post a pic of the ending screen when we beat the games for proof I've wish I'd have Been doing this the whole time I've been posting in this thread cause a lot of the time when I beat games I take a pic of the end screen. Just beat Mickey Mouse 3 for the famicom.

Issun

April 11, 2014, 02:22:10 am #318 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:08:00 am by Issun
Quote from: L___E___T on April 10, 2014, 12:32:05 pm
Congrats!  I never got into Elite but your stories make me want to have a stab at it.

Thanks mate! I used to play the c64 version back in the day before I got the NES game. The latter is much more enjoyable today, it's a faster and a much more streamlined experience. So if you feel like giving it a go, definitely go for the NES version.

Edit: Just completed "The Goonies" on Famicom.

Edit: Today I finished a game of "North & South: Wakuwaku Nanboku Sensou" on Famicom. Played as a Level 1 South vs a Level 3 North in 1864 (Hardest campaign for the South). All "disasters" turned on.

nerdynebraskan

Mission: Impossible (NES)

Just beat it for the first time, after working on it for weeks. It's probably the hardest game I've ever beaten, but it was definitely fun enough that I could see myself doing it every year for the NA challenge.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

UglyJoe

Nice work :star:

I'll revisit the game one of these days.  How close was I to the end?  (I was at the claws in the last (?) stage).

nerdynebraskan

I think there's another 10 minutes worth of stuff to do between the claws and the ending credits. Most of it isn't too bad, with some practice. And you will get screwed at least five or six times figuring out what needs to be done. And then it's right back to the beginning of that long-ass last stage. And you'll pretty much need all three agents all the way to the end, too.

You shoot the claws with your soldier's rifle, and they blow up after about 15 shots. Definitely take out the bottom one first; it's much harder to dodge.

And I've always wanted to play Elite (NES); I thought it sounded like an awesome game. I even imported a cart a few years ago, but unfortunately it's one of those ones that glitches too hard to be playable in a US console. I've thought about importing a PAL console to play games like it and Beauty and the Beast, but I'm not sure I could get it to cooperate with my American TV anyway.

Issun

Good going on beating Mission: Impossible! Been meaning to give that one a spin, I was a fan of the show (though I prefer the 1966 series) but I never got far in the game when I was younger. Sounds like quite a challenge but at least they're kind enough to give you passwords along the way.

If you have a flashcart or want to build a repro and feel like trying out Elite on the NES; the unreleased NTSC version of the ROM is legally available on one of the original authors site found here: http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/nes/

nerdynebraskan

Thanks for the link, Issun. I'm thinking about getting some repros done soon, and I've asked my guy whether he can do Elite.

Also, I beat Toobin' (NES) earlier today.

Protoman

Two days ago I beat Kirby 64, played it on the Kirby Dream Collection for Wii.

Right now I'm working on Metroid on Famicom Disk System. I've beaten Ridley and have 5 subtanks, I think Kraid is next, mwa ha ha.

Russam5354

Quote from: P on April 07, 2014, 01:31:46 am
but it's hard to beat Zelda 3 and Ocarina in terms of the best Zelda.

??? Zelda 3 doesn't exist. Do you mean The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce?
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

P

Yes that's what we sometimes informally call Zelda 3.

Issun

Been playing some more "North & South: Wakuwaku Nanboku Sensou" on Famicom. I've now beaten the game loads of times in 1864 playing as a level 1 south vs a level 3 north. Best time I've gotten is 3 months, which I believe is the fastest possible.

Russam5354

Quote from: P on April 24, 2014, 02:39:11 am
Yes that's what we sometimes informally call Zelda 3.

Sorry. I'm not a big Zelda fan. Lol.
EDIT: Just beat the 1985 mode of 'SMB. Deluxe' a second time (added difficulty).
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

Jedi Master Baiter