Can I use the the biography on the site?

Started by MarioMan1983, September 11, 2007, 12:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMan1983

I was just wondering, I'm writing an article for another site.:
heres what I have so far:
Most people are very uniformed about Nintendo's past.
They think Nintendo wasn't around until the 80's, that they just decided to make video games and started a buisness. thats where your dead wrong.
Nintendo started as a small playing card company that was created by a man called  Fusajiro Yamauchi in 1889. In the beggining the company was called Nintendo Koppai. The main office was located in Kyoto Japan. Fusajiiro Yamauchi had a brilliant idea for a card game called Hanafuda. Hanafuda were simply gambling cards printed on mulbery tree bark. The Yakuza took a liking to these cards, and so Nintendo quickly gained buisness and fame in the world of gambling cards.
*Koi-Koi setup pic*
Fusujiiro took a trip to the US to have a meeting with the US's leading playing card manufacturer. shocked by how small the office for the largest playing card company in the US was, he relised exactly how limited the buisness of playing cards was. He boosted sales for a time after gaining the rights for Disney characters and placing them on his playing cards.
in 1963 he renamed The Company from Nintendo Playing Card Company Limited to Nintendo Company. Between 1963 and 1968 Nintendo tried some other buisness ideas, however strange. Nintendo tried a Taxi company, becoming operators of the Daiya taxi firm. They tried a "love hotel" chain... wow. A TV network, an instant rice company (kinda like instant noodles) and lots of other stuff. the only thing that seemed to work for them was the toy buisness.
*Lion shoot pic*
one of Nintendos toys.
In 1970 Hiroshi Yamauchi was watching the Hanafuda factory when he noticed something one of the maintenance workers had, a small extending arm that Gunpei Yokoi had made for fun in his spare time.
Yamauchi then asked Gunpei Yokoi to mass produce this item in time for Christmas. It was named the Ultra Hand and sold over 1 million units.
*Ultra Hand pic*
In the early 1970's the famous Shigeru Miyamoto was hired, he in turn (alongside Yokoi) was to become a living legend. And was also to become the secret to Nintendo's succes. Yokoi became Shigeru Miyamotos teacher.

Nintendo's first leap into gaming was the Magnavox Odessey. Nintendo did not create this system, the Magnavox was created by Ralph Baer and then was mass produced and distributed by Nintendo.
The Magnavox is widely known and accepted as the worlds first home system.
Nintendo then decided that the video game industry was a fast moving buisness that was going places.
Nintendo's first video arcade game was Computer Othello.
*Othello pic here*
Donkey Kong and Radar scope were created (becoming Nintendos most popular video arcade game.
Donkey Kong (created by Shigeru Miyamoto) was released on the Atari 2600 and on the Intellivision.
Nintendo went on to test out the Handheld area of video games, thereby creating the Game & Watch.
*Game & Watch pic*
Then came Nintendos first home console that was created and distributed by Nintendo.

Well, I got to the part about the Famicom and was wondering if I could just copy/paste FW's biography on the Famicom. Its not like I'm using it to make money or get good grades or anything.
I'll even add a link to FW in my article.
Mario has a mustache therefore, he is a man.
Luigi has a somewhat smaller mustache, he is less of a man.
I have a bigger mustache than both of them.

"People who put anonymous after a quote are lazy people who wont look something up" - anonymous

manuel

So far it's not bad, but you really need to work on your orthography. Too many spelling errors.

JC

It's preferred that you quote from FW's article, not use the whole thing. And you should cite the source within the article or soon after it as an endnote. We hold the copyright, but according to copyright law, our article can be reproduced so long as the place (site, etc.) that's publishing it is not making any profit from our article (no ads or member dues, etc.).

MarioMan1983

Alright, thanx.
I won't copy/paste the whole thing.
I might just quote a paragraph.
and ill add a link at the bottom.
Mario has a mustache therefore, he is a man.
Luigi has a somewhat smaller mustache, he is less of a man.
I have a bigger mustache than both of them.

"People who put anonymous after a quote are lazy people who wont look something up" - anonymous