Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

September 16, 2015, 07:20:21 pm #600 Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:30:45 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Too soon. Too soon. :D

I felt like this was a great summer game. I think I'll save the second one for next summer. ;)

Plus, I've got too many games on my backburner. :fire: And here's my frontburner:

• GunSmoke Completed

• Duck Tales 2 (100% run on difficult)

• Shantae: Risky's Revenge

• Robo Cop 3

• Darkwing Duck

• Laser Invasion

• Sweet Home

• Renegade

• Castlevania III (with each character? Each path? 2nd run? I don't know how the different endings work) :-\

Zycrow

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 16, 2015, 07:20:21 pm
Too soon. Too soon. :D

I felt like this was a great summer game. I think I'll save the second one for next summer. ;)

Plus, I've got too many games on my backburner. :fire: And here's my frontburner:

• Castlevania III (with each character? Each path? 2nd run? I don't know how the different endings work) :-\

Totally right about it being a summer game. The second one opens with snow and ice, so maybe it's good for next season. ;)

I think CVIII's endings only vary by character. The branching paths basically determine difficulty and which characters you encounter. For example, the clock tower stage is fully optional, but is the only way to meet Grant. IIRC the lower path to the castle results in stages that are far more difficult...although the end of the game is ass-beatingly hard any way you swing it.

Sypha is generally the best choice for ease of play, especially in the U.S. version.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Zycrow on September 18, 2015, 12:46:46 pm
Totally right about it being a summer game. The second one opens with snow and ice, so maybe it's good for next season. ;)

Ooh, nice to know. Maybe I'll play it early spring?

Quote from: Zycrow on September 18, 2015, 12:46:46 pm
I think CVIII's endings only vary by character. The branching paths basically determine difficulty and which characters you encounter. For example, the clock tower stage is fully optional, but is the only way to meet Grant. IIRC the lower path to the castle results in stages that are far more difficult...although the end of the game is ass-beatingly hard any way you swing it.

Sypha is generally the best choice for ease of play, especially in the U.S. version.

So is beating it on the second run completely optional? ???

Protoman

Megaman Battle Network 2

The final boss Gospel took several tries. Only beat it after I decided it was hopeless. Sometimes I find losing hope makes me less nervous and then I make better decisions...

Nightstar699

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 18, 2015, 03:29:41 pm
So is beating it on the second run completely optional? ???

Absolutely optional. And Zycrow is correct that the lower route (the one you have to take if you want Alucard) leads to much, much harder stages. Especially that falling block level... hardest stage in the game, I'd say.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Zycrow

Biohazard Battle for the Genesis. If anyone is into shooters and hasn't tried out this game, do it!

This was a milestone for me, incidentally. I've loved STGs for a long, long time, but I'm rarely able to actually see one to the end.

So this year I decided I'd break that trend - I chose this game first since it has a gentle difficulty curve and incredible presentation. I watched playthroughs for some of the areas that were giving me trouble and used the stage select to practice them.

I played on normal difficulty with the default number of lives (3); I reached the final boss on one credit, but didn't defeat it; I used almost all of the rest of my credits on the final stage and eventually beat it with a couple to spare.

Now that I've had so much practice on the final stage, I think I could probably 1CC the game. Perhaps later. ;)

kevkevkev

Chrono trigger. Took me over 20 hours. Needed a bit of help to get through the sidequests.

L___E___T

I keep meaning to play Chroino Trigger, I never played it or any other RPGs when I was younger.

Last game I finished was Spartan X2!  very  fun to play through every now and then, but too easy.  Is there a HARD mode?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

kevkevkev

Me too. Never was a big rpg fan back then. And when game converters stopped working with certain jap/usa games it became to risky to buy from importers. Its a really good game though i wish it was more linear later on. Took me 20 hours and only got stuck a few times in the last quarter.

L___E___T

I grew up with Spectrum, NES and Master System and then Megadrive so it was all about action / platform fighting games for me.  RPGs are great fun to play but when you watch someone else they look pants.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Zycrow

Phantasy Star, playing the SMS original on my Genesis Everdrive.

Good RPG for the era, although the game feels like it runs out of steam toward the end. After a certain point there are no more new enemy types, and the characters don't really gain much strength, so it feels a bit tedious to continue.

But I toughed it out and the final battle and ending were worthwhile.

P

Oh that's one of those classic RPGs I wanna finish someday. Too bad RPGs takes so much of your time.

BaconBitsKing

I just beat Akumajou Densetsu, and I plan to get the next three endings soon.

Immediately after, I decided to beat Akumajou Dracula again and now I plan to beat hard mode.

Nightstar699

My one tip for hard mode (assuming by which you mean the second loop?) is to learn the Fishman spawns well in the first section of stage 4, that's the hardest part of loop 2. Stages 5 and 6 are identical to normal. (I believe)
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

untinip

Terranigma (SNES). Loved it, especially the music! :)