Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

kevkevkev

Seiken densetsu 3. Took me 40 hours with angela, kevin and lise. Would have enjoyed it more if i had less grinding to do like chrono. Next up, mario rpg!

BaconBitsKing

I decided to play Hoshi no Kirby on the Game Boy last night and I forgot just how short it was. I cleared the game on only two lives (I died during my first battle with Dedede).

I'll probably try and tackle extra mode tonight.

Cheetahmen

November 15, 2015, 08:02:56 am #633 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:03:43 am by Cheetahmen
Jurassic Boy 2, didn't realise how short this game is until now :o

Monster Party, I wanna play through the Japanese prototype version at some point just to see how different it is :redcart:
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

P

46 Okunen Monogatari: Harukanaru Eden e
I beat the final boss on the first try yay! Much easier than I remember him.

Panel de Pon (1P VS Mode on Hard)
I used well over 20 continues though. :-[

Cheetahmen

Finally got around to beating most of the NES Megaman games, I'd only beaten the second one until the last month or so and I felt like I should really play the others. Still haven't beaten the first one though, I feel like I'd probably have to cheese it with the pause trick :upsetroll:

In general, I feel like I've got a lot of games to catch up on :o
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Rygar

december before the new year I managed to check off:
NES~
Airwolf :bomb:
W&W2-Ironsword :bomb:
Narc :bomb:
Ultima III-exodus :bomb:

GAMEBOY~
Castlevania II-Belmonts Revenge :bomb:
Castlevania-Adventure :bomb:
Megaman5 :blinky: :blinky: :blinky:

Hopefully alot more to come this year  8) ;D
psst! over here

M-Tee

Vice: Project Doom. Through phone emulator, abusing savestates and even slow motion. Quite honestly, I'm not good at games. Haha.

Right now, playing through Totally Rad, but not really enjoying it. It seems to collect what I dislike about later Megaman games, and lacks what I like about earlier ones.

UglyJoe

Quote from: M-Tee on January 08, 2016, 07:32:57 pm
Right now, playing through Totally Rad, but not really enjoying it. It seems to collect what I dislike about later Megaman games, and lacks what I like about earlier ones.

I found the game to be a lot more playable if you only transform when absolutely necessary.  Not sure if that misses the point, but that's how I managed to get through it.

Rygar

Quote from: M-Tee on January 08, 2016, 07:32:57 pm
Vice: Project Doom. Through phone emulator, abusing savestates and even slow motion. Quite honestly, I'm not good at games. Haha.

Totally rad.. great music boring gameplay IMO  :crazy:
idk if you played bucky o'hare on NES yet I doubt you haven't since you finished vice.
but it's really awesome
psst! over here

M-Tee

Is there a transformation? I think I've been playing it wrong. It keeps referencing magic, but the only "magic" I can figure out, is every time I try to shoot upward (up + B), my dude does a dance, loses magic points and gains hp.

As for Bucky O'Hare, it was a favorite of mine as a child (I should feel guilty about that as an avid Stan Sakai fan, since Bucky O-Hare's commercial failure is often cited as the main obstacle in Sakai getting his own animated series). But, I love the series, and loved the toys and cartoon as a kid. It's on my list of games to play through as an adult.

UglyJoe

Quote from: M-Tee on January 09, 2016, 06:50:48 am
Is there a transformation? I think I've been playing it wrong. It keeps referencing magic, but the only "magic" I can figure out, is every time I try to shoot upward (up + B), my dude does a dance, loses magic points and gains hp.

If you press Start it'll bring up a menu to choose which magic you want to use.  Use Up+B to use it.

M-Tee

Oh, yeah. That changes things somewhat.

Most of the magic powers are fairly redundant though. The transformations look cool, but there's like half a dozen screen wipes.

That said, the dialog is making up for the lackluster gameplay.

Rygar

Quote from: M-Tee on January 09, 2016, 06:50:48 am
As for Bucky O'Hare, it was a favorite of mine as a child (I should feel guilty about that as an avid Stan Sakai fan, since Bucky O-Hare's commercial failure is often cited as the main obstacle in Sakai getting his own animated series). But, I love the series, and loved the toys and cartoon as a kid. It's on my list of games to play through as an adult.

Yes, the show was unheard of in my hometown sadly :(
but I saw a few of the first episodes and it looked like something i'd watch as a kid :bub:
As for the NES title bucky o'hare, it's one of the most unforgiven Roms i've played and I haven't finished it to this day.
Saying that, the graphics are off the hook!  ;D
psst! over here

Mo-hd

Super R-Type! this game is so great. One of the best side-scrolling shooter i ever played.  8)